Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Inactive Members
  • Member For: 14y 9m 15d
Posted

Finally got a brand new 2012 XR6T in Silhouette, auto and limited edition. Went to two dealers. One wanted to order me in a 2013 model for $46,500. I walked away. End of Jan went into another dealer had a chat and ended up with my current car mentioned above. All in $39,800. Pretty happy. However, didn't have 10% deposit so couldn't get 2.9% finance

Hi Terence,

Sounds like you got a good deal, do you mind if I ask which dealer? I'm in the market, it may be worth giving them a call :)

Thanks

  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 10m 23d
Posted

Hi just bought a 2013 winter white XR6t manual ute with the lux. Pack (satnav leather etc..) and HD towpack on 2.9%

39990

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 2m 1d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

you need to shop around and you will get a good deal somewhere.. I got lucky when I started looking and managed to get my hands on a 2012 xr6 turbo sedan MKII in manual with 7k on it for 37K and that was 6 months ago!!

Edited by XRSEXT
  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 7m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Hey so I'm in the market for an FG XR6T sedan at the moment, I'm in Perth, and everything on Carsales is going for around $30,000 unless they have done over 100,000 kms!

Is this an utter rip off? Red Book says the 2008s should be going for about $22,000, are the dealers just trying to push up the prices or is this genuinely what people are paying at the moment for a 2009/2008 XR6T sedan with average KMs?

Has anyone bought one in Perth recently for a decent price? Don't want to get mega ripped off by a dealer and then go to sell the car in a few years and lose loads!!

Cheers for the help guys.

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 11m 9d
Posted

You guys are getting ripped off over there!

A lot of guys are coming over to the east to buy and driving them home. Much cheaper and more choices

  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 7m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Yeah I know! Went to look at one the other day and the guy wouldn't budge from $26,000 and it wasn't even in that great condition! Cracked leather seats, 85,000kms, sun damaged rear view mirrors.. needless to say I didn't buy that one.

It only costs 800 bucks to get a car shipped here from eastern states, seriously considering that route

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 2m 9d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I payed 28 500 for a 2010 50th anniversary with 25 K Kms on it, if I was buying an 08 model I personally wouldn't pay over 23K, I've seen a few sedans go for under 20k too, your best bet is to do what u said and buy from the eastern states by the sounds of the west!

  • Inactive Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m
Posted

I recently brought 2008 auto for 25000 with 90000ks on the clock and that was of gumtree took 2 months to find a straight black one but I am very impressed sold my ss to fund no great loss

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 11m 9d
Posted

I bought a 2008 in black with 78,000 for $20000 in Melbourne 8 months ago. There are definitely deals to be had over this side of the country

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...