MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 4m 25d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 07/07/14 11:05 PM Posted 07/07/14 11:05 PM Bloody tuff claims another engine
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 07/07/14 11:08 PM Posted 07/07/14 11:08 PM NHASP just had the same issue himself personally Fark that's a heart-wrenching pic. Sorry to see man.
MA91CK billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix Legacy Donating Member 1,346 Member For: 14y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: Wollongong Posted 07/07/14 11:10 PM Posted 07/07/14 11:10 PM Haha man if you have seen the amount if work and time I out into this thing... I'm so past being sad/angry I don't even care. Egas will go in haha. It's not a nice feeling though. I'm sure the previous 100k of dero spec tunes and driving didn't help it. Will report back on what happened when it's pulled down
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 3m 29d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 07/07/14 11:11 PM Posted 07/07/14 11:11 PM There's something fishy... It's gotta be oil starvation, or spun a bearing or something. Tune was spot on, all parameters were fine. The only difference being there's no oil leaks/air leaks now so I guess it not getting the full gutful of boost was saving itWho tuned it ? Was it tuned with all the air leaks ?
Rab WOT? Legacy Donating Member 10,981 Member For: 13y 7m 3d Gender: Male Location: Frankston, 3199 Posted 07/07/14 11:12 PM Posted 07/07/14 11:12 PM Damn - definitely feel for you with that.
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 4m 25d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 07/07/14 11:16 PM Posted 07/07/14 11:16 PM JetA small tuner on the central coast nsw did the original Same tuner blew up my turbo celica.. doesn't really surprise me At least you get to learn how to do a rebuild now 1
MA91CK billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix Legacy Donating Member 1,346 Member For: 14y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: Wollongong Posted 07/07/14 11:21 PM Posted 07/07/14 11:21 PM Nah I'm pretty sure there wasn't any leaks, just kept blowing pipes off before. Now everything is tight.. I'm not blaming anyone but myself. I should have known better.. I just had to give it a hiding after the dramas it caused me haha. This is my punishment. It's all speculation at this point, but 20 bucks says it was oil starvation/tired engine
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 3m 29d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 08/07/14 12:01 AM Posted 08/07/14 12:01 AM $20 says the rod bent and came out the side 1
"Captain Retard" Member 1,417 Member For: 12y 4m 27d Gender: Male Location: Shellharbour NSW Posted 08/07/14 12:06 AM Posted 08/07/14 12:06 AM If that hole has been made by a rod then surely it's gotta be from detonation?It may have spun a bearing but detonation stretches the rod bolts etc.Just remember " there's never any real problems, only opportunities "Good luck with it all mate. 1
MA91CK billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix Legacy Donating Member 1,346 Member For: 14y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: Wollongong Posted 08/07/14 12:28 AM Posted 08/07/14 12:28 AM Thanks mate! Yeh I'm just thinking the positive, it's telling me to go back to an fg, probably f6. Or I'll get a ranger and set it up for touring 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now