Henz

What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Swapped out the Lovells sports low for super low on the rear.

Brought back memories of the XE when the springs fallout when jacking up (at least with the BF I can still open & close the doors on the jack).

As I do on a casual Saturday afternoon a few beers help the install and as I can't take it for a fang to settle or see improvement (I have a long driveway),

Ride height hasn't changed yet and given how tough these little springs are I can't see a further inch in drop and thinking the rear swaybar has to go now.

Time will tell I suppose. 

Need to flush my brake fluid and planning to paint the calipers black to make it look a bit tidier, so ordered some braided lines from Race Brakes Sydney.

Am working through my pre-Snowies to do list!

Built some ramps over the past week using scrap scrounged from various sources. Excuse the dodgy paint job. Nice to get under and take a look and get familiar with whats down there. Also checked for any leaks after Atomic oil pump gears fitted.

Car_Ramps .jpg

Edited by Wyatt

Good job - that what I need! I have to put some pavers down when I use my ramps, as the front bar hits the ramps before the wheels do.

I'm in a low lying area in FNQ and the threat of inundation is real during wet season, so all important bits upfront will be +400mm higher than what they otherwise would be. Just gotta make sure I don't get lazy when big rain is forecast. 

Wasn't today, but the other day Ford quoted me $95 incl gst for a crank seal, then they said oh we will do for trade price of $69, I got a kelpro seal at repco for $12, man Ford is a friggin rip

that's always been the case, hence teh nickname of "fraud" lol... spare parts and service is where they make their money, not necessarily on new cars :)

I get them for $31 at Ford, when it leaks again you’ll wish you spent the extra on the new revised genuine ford item ;) 

jus sayn 

I’ve seen everything leak but the installation and user can definitely effect the way they perform 

I find the new Genuine ones the best as ford spent a fortune on having service warranty jobs on these so they finally got something decent worked out now 

be especially careful to not smear the grease bead when installing as this is integral to long sealed service life 

Gave it a drive for the first time in two months.
Still goes like a cut snake.

Needs some tlc though, front bumper is droopy as. Kinda tempted to go FG2 front.
Mirror plastics and b pillars look due for replacement too.
FG problems.

4 minutes ago, OZYWALKER said:

Gave it a drive for the first time in two months.

snap. I took mine out the garage for the first time in about 9 months... doesnt need any tlc though, as my lad clay barred it before it got put away under a car cover..

Edited by Panda Eyes

Got a customer car towed to me that hasn’t been driven for nearly two years it seems ... in immaculate condition ( BF2 Turbo 60,000kms ) but nothing like the trepidation of putting in a new battery, fluids, soft crank and then awaiting fire up 

little lumpy but purring along 

Thought about installing my new engine mounts on the BA F6. Opened bonnet looked at turbo.  Closed bonnet. 

Well pump is out of the way for when I go high mount turbo, no leaking fluids on alternator, engine looks cleaner and less parasitic loss on engine but it won't even be noticeable probably haha.

I like fabricating things so thought I'd try it.

Yes engine bay is dirty haha1b13c7a7b97da72e2a1b22d0810d9520.jpg698db19f7587a5b7522cbfca60973407.jpg

Nice, I Hate where the power steering reservoir sits. I have sueded the A pillars will get a photo and post later. Most mods are on hold till we purchase the Trackhawk in the new year.