What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 4y 10m 21d

popped some Superpro control blades in the FG this afternoon. I swapped in some Kings SSLs a couple of weeks ago and suddenly it developed a real clunk in the back end. Assumed that I'd screwed something up since the noise started right around that time. Turns out the OEM blades were flogged.

So now, I'm low, smooth and it's not as squirrely in rear when putting the power down. So it's like I've added HP too.

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y
10 hours ago, VitaminG said:

popped some Superpro control blades in the FG this afternoon. I swapped in some Kings SSLs a couple of weeks ago and suddenly it developed a real clunk in the back end. Assumed that I'd screwed something up since the noise started right around that time. Turns out the OEM blades were flogged.

So now, I'm low, smooth and it's not as squirrely in rear when putting the power down. So it's like I've added HP too.

I did these a while ago on my rig too, could definitely notice a before and after with them!

They should last a whole lot longer than the stock ones too, so that's a plus! :)

• Like 1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 5m 23d

Last day of isolation. Was finally able to do the iso project I bought early 2020. Gramps looking classy with the restored and polished 5 poster. Just need a set of 9" spotties and a uhf aerial that's not connected to anything to finish the look.

Work truck got the full Bowdens paint cleanse, wax, sealant and interior detail.59dc68ba0baa9374b8652f17e5af53f2.jpg5074dc40e33632ea4aa4e641011234dd.jpg

• Like 2

• Member For: 5y 3m 25d

My fgx with gt3582r has a ts 45mm hypergate plumbed onto externally gated 1.06 housing, I wasn't sure what psi spring was in it. It was getting 10 psi boost by 2500rpm but not getting to 13-14psi till about 5000rpm, I knew something wasn't right. I took gate off and tested it with a air compressor, regulator and a accurate air guage. I could see it just cracking open at 9psi and by 12psi nearly wide open so I thought well it must be bleeding off into exhaust so no wonder it takes so long to make 13-14psi. I went to town, guy at performance shop said my spring looked like a 7osi spring, I bought a 10psi spring, put that in and tested it with air. 13psi it's cracking open now and 15psi it's wide open. Put it on car and went for a drive, wow what a difference, 15psi max now at about 4000rpm and goes heaps harder, way more peppy and responsive. Major improvement! My question is I thought the stock ecu/boost control wouldn't have cared about a light spring and would've just boosted up quickly. Obviously you've gotta get the spring rate right for the tune/boost level desired and tuned for with the barra ecu. Also it is tuned for 14psi but another question is, now that I'm getting full boost earlier will I need a retune because of more midrange power or will ecu adjust itself? I still get 10psi at 2500rpm but it rushes to 15psi now and gets there 1000-1500rpm earlier than before. Cheers guys.