Weight Training For Beginners

Kv!

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 23d

Did another nice middle of the night workout at another Anytime Fitness location here in Dallas. Good gym aside from the extra knurling on some equipment that tore up my callouses a bit haha. Happy to get a workout in, either way. 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 3m 4d

Warming up for leg day like normal and my farken hamstring went snap crackle pop at only 120kg squat. Am now sitting here with a very sore leg and wondering how long I'll have to rest it for.

• Sad 1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 23d

Aww crap, there go the gainzzzz! Hammies can be a bit niggley for a while, don't rush it, no point being out of action for any longer than you need to be

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yeah a few weeks or even a couple of months away from squats ain't the end of the world. I'll still be able to leg curl and calf raise after a bit of a break. I might have to modify a couple of upper body movements but that's no biggie.

Haha ironically the weights felt very light but my leg had other ideas lol

Hopefully won't be a couple months for you, might even be able to go light and more reps after a couple weeks. Could even throw some plates on the leg press after some rest time and see how it goes. Fark I hate getting injured when the gainz are coming along nicely! Is what it is though I guess, sometimes it doesn't seem to matter if yr all warmed up, got correct form etc, sheet just happens sometimes...

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yeah it was a bit strange seeing as it was still fairly light. Must have tweaked it when I did that max effort deadlift a week ago. I can do hamstring curls at home so I can rehab it with that.

Just got back from the hospital cos my GP was shut. After a 3 hour wait the guy gave me a ultrasound form and had a look at it. He reckons there's no divots in the muscle so it won't be too bad. He said if it still isn't feeling good in a week I should get it checked or I can just get it done tomorrow. I wrangled some painkillers out of him so that's gonna help me sleep at least.

I wouldn't have even gone but the muscle literally made a couple of popping noises so better safe than sorry!

Normally not good when you can hear as well as feel it going wrong, you done the right thing, like you say, better safe than sorry, coz we know that sorry can mean months of down time! Focus now on what you can do and not what you can't,  be back on the big lifts in no time 👍

• Like 1