Bonjaz Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 17y 9m 22d Gender: Male Location: CQ Posted 14/10/13 10:40 PM Posted 14/10/13 10:40 PM Anyone tried the 5x5 workout? Squatting pretty much 3 times a weeks while doing a few other exercises starting light and upping the weight slowly each session until fail then drop it back and go again. I'm running it until Christmas, wish me luck.
AzMahoony Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned. Member 3,343 Member For: 19y 6m 2d Gender: Male Location: Canning Vale, W.A Posted 14/10/13 11:53 PM Posted 14/10/13 11:53 PM (edited) Seen plenty of for and against as with everything else in this lovely world of fitness.If it works, great success. If not there's plenty more out there Edited 14/10/13 11:53 PM by turboboink
Bonjaz Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 17y 9m 22d Gender: Male Location: CQ Posted 15/10/13 12:55 AM Posted 15/10/13 12:55 AM Yea exactly my thoughts I'm gonna give it 10 weeks and see how I go. Sick of doing my normal routine. 1
AzMahoony Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned. Member 3,343 Member For: 19y 6m 2d Gender: Male Location: Canning Vale, W.A Posted 16/10/13 04:11 AM Posted 16/10/13 04:11 AM Do you love me now mumma?? Do you??
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 16/10/13 05:11 AM Posted 16/10/13 05:11 AM Pffft
Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 8d Gender: Male Posted 16/10/13 05:44 AM Posted 16/10/13 05:44 AM Good thick Legs... at least you do legs, alot of guys just flat out don't...Not H OMO for saying that.
_Velocity_ Legacy Donating Member 2,768 Member For: 15y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 16/10/13 06:47 AM Posted 16/10/13 06:47 AM (edited) Leg envy. What do you squat Aaron? Can't imagine the eating you must do just to sustain those legs. Edited 16/10/13 06:49 AM by _Velocity_
AzMahoony Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned. Member 3,343 Member For: 19y 6m 2d Gender: Male Location: Canning Vale, W.A Posted 16/10/13 07:21 AM Posted 16/10/13 07:21 AM Lunch time post workout meal yesterday, was quite proud of my cooking hahaAt the moment as I'm trying to lose some fat I've 'accumulated' over the winter months I'm not training heavy, doing more slow technique based with alot of reps untill it kills me. Adding in supersets for everything and doing a minimum of 30mins cardio ED.Ive never really tried to go super heavy with squats. But I can comfortably without strapping up or anything get 180kg out for 8 reps, havent pushed it past that, nor have I gone beyond 10 plates a side on 45 degree as I find ass to grass at this weight gives me better results than the half knee reps you'll see many do these days.I use to love doing deadlifts every week, now its maybe once a month due to my lower back being a pain in the ass literally. Nowadays I don't push it past 3x20kg a side where as before I'd be doing 5 plates for about 4 reps, not worth the injury.Anyways my leg day was as follows:20 mins cardio pre-workout (cross trainer)Glute Machine: 4 sets x 12 (upping pinweight) 75/85/95/65gets the blood flowing through my legs.Hack squats: 1 warm up set x 40kg100kg x 16/140kg x 12/180kg x 8. Rep out 40kg for another 12.45 leg press: 1 warm up set x 173kg x 24 reps253kg x 20/333kg x 16/413kg x 10. Rep out 173kg for another 12.Leg extension: 5 sets x 12 (upping pin weight) 65/95/115/135/65Hamstrings: 5 sets x 12 (upping pinnweight)65/95/105/115/65Calf raises: 4 sets. 40kg x 30/60kg x 25/80kg x 20/40kg x 30 (supersetting with standing calves)10 mins of cardio on the cross trainer to end things for another day.Time @ gym 1 hour 40mins. (Cardio drags my time at the gym)
_Velocity_ Legacy Donating Member 2,768 Member For: 15y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 16/10/13 10:08 AM Posted 16/10/13 10:08 AM Nice. Trent eat ya heart out.
STIFLR Legacy Donating Member 572 Member For: 17y 9m 21d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 16/10/13 10:22 AM Posted 16/10/13 10:22 AM Nice quads bud!! But how are your hamstrings going, as there is only 1 sole hamstring exercise in that routine?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now