MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 5m 2d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 31/07/14 10:23 AM Posted 31/07/14 10:23 AM Isn't he talking about p100 mick? I thought United only have 94 e10, P100 and e85
rednose RNS10S Legacy Donating Member 2,229 Member For: 20y 1m 20d Gender: Male Posted 31/07/14 10:53 AM Posted 31/07/14 10:53 AM United Unleaded is 91 octane (contains no ethanol) http://www.unitedpetroleum.com.au/united/fuel/unleadedUnited e10 is 95 octane (contains up to 10% ethanol) http://www.unitedpetroleum.com.au/united/fuel/unleaded-e10United Premium 95 is 95 octane (contains no ethanol) http://www.unitedpetroleum.com.au/united/fuel/premium-95United Premium 98 is 98 octane (contains no ethanol) http://www.unitedpetroleum.com.au/united/fuel/premium-98United Premium 98 with ethanol is 98 octane (contains up to 10% ethanol) http://www.unitedpetroleum.com.au/united/fuel/premium-98-with-ethanolUnited P100 is 100 octane (contains up to 10% ethanol) http://www.unitedpetroleum.com.au/united/fuel/premium-100United E85 is 105 octane (contains 85% ethanol) http://www.unitedpetroleum.com.au/united/fuel/ethanol-85United race blend is 107 octane (contains 85% ethanol) not on the United site yet but looks like it may replace their current E85 all togetherHope that clears it up. 1
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 31/07/14 10:55 AM Posted 31/07/14 10:55 AM Bjc mentions 98 octane with 10% ethanol
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 5m 2d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 31/07/14 11:00 AM Posted 31/07/14 11:00 AM Thanks for clearing that up I was mistaken I thought he was referring to p100 which is the bees knees
bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 1m 2d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 31/07/14 03:39 PM Posted 31/07/14 03:39 PM Yeah sorry about the confusion. It's their Premium 98 with ethanol. Will skip it then but definitely will check the price as we are at 170.9c for BP Ultimate and my fills cost me generally $115-120 which I try not to look at!
stevanford Member 268 Member For: 14y 8m 5d Posted 01/08/14 12:58 AM Posted 01/08/14 12:58 AM Ok so with the increased availability of E85 in Sydney, I'm getting more and more interested in going down the E85 route. At the moment, my fuel system consists of:Plazmaman surge + 0441000cc Injectors.I'm guessing that I'll need the following to go E85Extra 044 on the surgeIntank pumpdual feed fuel railnew fuel lines.Am I missing anything ?Ok so 8 months after compiling that list, I have most of the parts that I'll need to run United E85.Bought:2 x 044 fuel pumpsWalbro 450 lph E85 compatible intank pumpplazmaman dual feed fuel railTurbosmart FPROnly need to get the ethanol compliant fuel lines and I'll be ready to go. Hopefully it's not another 8 months...
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 5m 2d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 01/08/14 01:30 AM Posted 01/08/14 01:30 AM Are you going to be a dedicated e85 user or you going to switch
stevanford Member 268 Member For: 14y 8m 5d Posted 01/08/14 01:54 AM Posted 01/08/14 01:54 AM Are you going to be a dedicated e85 user or you going to switchI'll have a 98 and United E85 tune on the SCT box, but considering there's a United servo about 5 minutes from my place that sells E85, it'll be running mainly on E85.
GUN-808 Member 251 Member For: 12y 10m 26d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 01/08/14 02:02 AM Posted 01/08/14 02:02 AM Rednose..If u click on where the fuel is available mate it comes up with "race fuel" in red next to the storename where it's currently available.. my problem here is the closest store to me says it's available there but I'm yet to find out if its there as an option or its replaced the standard e85 completely :/ I'd hate to tune it on the race version and then have to use a normal blend if I fill up elsewhere :(And Matty as with all fuels the gains, economy etc are always only going to be relevant when tuned accordingly.. anything with ethanol is always going to lose a bit of economy but e10 is a pretty decent fuel for the price when tuned to suit. At 94-95oct and a saving of over 25c/L and available everywhere it's a very cost effective way to tune a car for economy with the slightest loss of performance.. when I install my water injection later this year/ early next year it will have an economy tune with WI done on e10. Itl save me $15 a tank maybe more and still have an octane level higher than 98.. 1
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 5m 2d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 01/08/14 02:05 AM Posted 01/08/14 02:05 AM That's my plan as well gun Get a shell e10 tune on water and enjoy all the benefits 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now