Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 10m 12d
Posted

ok thanks guys. will def look at getting this done at my next service. If one was to leave this Box how it was ( never service it) what results would you expect? box eventually dieing? for a stock example

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 8m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posted

If you drive it very calmly and dont thrash the tits off it too often then on stock power it probably would go for a good 150,000 before signs of slipping etc. But if your buying a 6T then most likely your gonna give it a bit of stick and use the engine to its potential so the never service thing is a bit crap really.

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

Do you really want to wait until it starts playing up before changing the oil?

I'd rather be proactive with it than reactive.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 8m 20d
Posted

I agree, scheduled servicing/preventative maintenance is there to try and prevent problems, if you wait til they arise it may end up costing you alot more.

Even stock, driving sedate, the zf is tuned with a fair bit of clutch slip to make it smooth, so that will contaminate oil and break it down. Towing adds extra load and heat too.

It's just like waiting for the oil light to come on before changing your engine oil.

Also while in there changing the heat exchanger seems to be a good idea too.

  • 5 months later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 2m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gisborne
Posted

Hi All

Just going through the process of looking to service my ZF.

Ive been old oil is $34.75 plus GST a litre and that I need 10 plus filter and pan if needed

Question is...

Does 08 FG have plastic or metal pan?

How much is Pan kit

How much is the Filter?

Any help will be appreicated

Cheers

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 8m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posted

I thought 20L is required for a full flush?

I have the metal pan so I can just change the filter and oil next time.

There is lots of info on here with most of the questions answered.

  • RNS10S
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 14d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I thought 20L is required for a full flush?

I have the metal pan so I can just change the filter and oil next time.

There is lots of info on here with most of the questions answered.

When I flushed mine it took 13L, dumped oil by removing pan, changed filter and refitted pan, filled with oil and replaced heat exchanger but left return pipe off, started car and kept pumping oil into box. As soon as we could see clean oil coming out of the heat exchanger we turned off the car, reconnected heat exchanger and topped up. We then test drove the car, rechecked the oil level.

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 2m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gisborne
Posted

I have booked my car in for tomorrow so, will be able to pass on cost info then

  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 30d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

fg has steel pan late bf2 had them

filter kit can be had for 90 bucks has gaskit and filter

oil prices are all over the place as cheap as $180 for 20L up to near on $500 for 20L a full flush will do 18ltrs approx

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...