rednose RNS10S Legacy Donating Member 2,229 Member For: 20y 1m 23d Gender: Male Posted 26/01/12 10:35 AM Posted 26/01/12 10:35 AM (edited) To have the 12 x 1 Litre bottles sent it is $140 postage...My point exactly, $140 (Shipping) + $195 (for the oil) = $335, which equates to roughly $28 per Litre.Motospecs sells 20L for $520 which equates to $26 per Litre.Veva's way is the only way to get it cheap but you have to fork out for a 44 Gallon drum.Again this equates to roughly $13 (without shipping) per Litre. Edited 26/01/12 10:37 AM by rednose
helbz Member 176 Member For: 15y 5m 29d Posted 26/01/12 10:56 AM Posted 26/01/12 10:56 AM My point exactly, $140 (Shipping) + $195 (for the oil) = $335, which equates to roughly $28 per Litre.Motospecs sells 20L for $520 which equates to $26 per Litre.Veva's way is the only way to get it cheap but you have to fork out for a 44 Gallon drum.Again this equates to roughly $13 (without shipping) per Litre.I will just stick to gulf western if the postage had of been $80 I would have jumped on it
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 30/01/12 06:08 AM Posted 30/01/12 06:08 AM My ZF has just started to make a "squawk" sound on the 3-4 change. After a bit of research I've found this to be very common in the Euro cars with these transmissions.I'm getting a service and inspection done of Friday which will hopefully fix or at least identify the problem. I'll be using the Lifeguard 6 genuine oil. I know others have tried different brands, but the genuine oil seems to be about the only one that doesn't have a bad story about it somewhere.My advice would be to not buy that "sealed for life" rubbish as ZF themselves have put a life span on the oil. The general consensus amoung the Euro seen is to change it every 60,000km's. I'll be doing that from now on.Oh, in case anyone is wondering "squawk" is the official technical term too.
rednose RNS10S Legacy Donating Member 2,229 Member For: 20y 1m 23d Gender: Male Posted 30/01/12 07:32 AM Posted 30/01/12 07:32 AM Mine did the same mate so at 100,000 klms I replaced Heat exchanger, plastic lines and a 12L flush with LG6 and am happy to say no more "squawk".Will be servicing mine again in 50,000 klms or rebuilding it with heat treated or billet input shaft and more clutch packs (will assess whether to go a higher tolerant oil when its on the bench).But so far the box has been flawless. I'm sure you've obviously heard stories of other oils making the box feel better than it ever was, this is just because the oil in the box is burnt.You will experience the same when you use genuine LG6, the box will feel awesome and you'll kick yourself for not doing it earlier.George
wilba Member 828 Member For: 17y 11m 7d Gender: Male Posted 30/01/12 09:04 PM Posted 30/01/12 09:04 PM Has anyone use martini racing oil?
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 30/01/12 09:52 PM Posted 30/01/12 09:52 PM Thanks George. That's good to hear.
Emosh99 Member 260 Member For: 15y 9m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 31/01/12 05:46 AM Posted 31/01/12 05:46 AM Does anyone recommend a good workshop to do this for a decent price?Got quoted $450 plastic pan + filter + gulf western oil no flush by a random trans workshop around my area... I wont be going metal pan as I dont think ill be keeping the car for more then 50,000km
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 13d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 31/01/12 07:23 AM Posted 31/01/12 07:23 AM that is a decent price
hypnodoc It's All In Your Mind Legacy Donating Member 2,198 Member For: 22y 11m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 31/01/12 11:45 AM Posted 31/01/12 11:45 AM My ZF has just started to make a "squawk" sound on the 3-4 change. After a bit of research I've found this to be very common in the Euro cars with these transmissions.I'm getting a service and inspection done of Friday which will hopefully fix or at least identify the problem. I'll be using the Lifeguard 6 genuine oil. I know others have tried different brands, but the genuine oil seems to be about the only one that doesn't have a bad story about it somewhere.My advice would be to not buy that "sealed for life" rubbish as ZF themselves have put a life span on the oil. The general consensus amoung the Euro seen is to change it every 60,000km's. I'll be doing that from now on.Oh, in case anyone is wondering "squawk" is the official technical term too. Apparently quite common mine has done it since 10,000 klms, changed to Transmax and it did nothing so I googled it and Jag have a TSB for it for these boxes which is a bottle of Transmax additive. The TBS is titled Whoop or Bark noise, apparently the E clutch or something sticks then lets go. Its real common in Jags and more of an annoyance than a fault that will lead to damage, sounds disconcerting with the pedal down though and it only happens when you get up it. Ford call it NORMAL and I would bet jag fix it in their cars I was going to ring Jag and ask if they stock the ZF additive but just haven'y gotten aroung to it yet.
rednose RNS10S Legacy Donating Member 2,229 Member For: 20y 1m 23d Gender: Male Posted 31/01/12 12:28 PM Posted 31/01/12 12:28 PM Has anyone use martini racing oil?Was about to, emailed them with concern as zf say to only use LG6, response was if I was worried about the warranty I should stick to genuine fluid. So I did.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now