Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Protective tubing at rub points ain't a bad idea. 

 

Hp3FeGH.jpg

 

 

 

EF9Zbwi.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 11y 8m 3d
  • Gender: Not Telling
Posted

^ That's the thing that stuck out to me in the 3rd picture. If it rubs it could leak eventually.

  • Like 1
  • Dropping a turd
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted (edited)

Nice install. Top marks for flipping the cooler 

Edited by arronm
  • Like 1
  • 2 years later...
  • New Member
  • Member For: 6y 5m 1d
Posted

Does anyone have the original photos? Just bought a transmission cooler kit and was wondering if I need the transmission heat exchanger anymore?

  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 5m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

if you get a kit, you don't need the heat exchanger.

  • 2 years later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 5y 1m 25d
Posted (edited)

know this is an old thread but worth a crack!

 

can anyone provide pictures or instructions for how the 'rear mount' coolers fit on a BA (or possibly BF..)?

I'm running a massive radiator and intercooler, there is functionally zero clearance between them. I've also made a slight mistake and gone slightly too large on the new cooler size, so im not super confident about fitting it behind the foglights.

From what I can see, the old PWR kits (I say old, I certainly cant find them anymore) used to mount somewhere under the car, but I'm not having much luck finding any good documentation about exactly where that went.

 

for what its worth im using this for oil cooling, not trans, I just noticed that gearbox cooling is much more often discussed and they're broadly the same job.

 

cheers.

Edited by trist4nn
  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

Be very aware that the factory oil pump can not provide enough oil pressure to keep up with an external style oil cooler so don’t think your helping the situation with cooling oil as your going to be cooling low pressure oil that quickly leads to engine failure 

 

FPV got it right with the oil filter sandwich style factory engine oil heat exchangers !!

  • Member
  • Member For: 5y 1m 25d
Posted (edited)

I'd not really considered that, I reasoned that if the factory style water to oil cooler worked then why wouldnt an air to oil cooler.

 

can you tell me any more about the differences? is air to oil cooling simply not possible without oil pump work?

 

looking at the f6 assembly it seems there is a lot less distance to pump it, if I understand correctly the heat exchanger comes right off the block where the oil filter goes, is that the key difference?

Edited by trist4nn
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 11y 8m 3d
  • Gender: Not Telling
Posted

The oil filter for a 2021 Mustang GT 5.0 shares the same thread and seal diameter as the FPV/Territory with the sandwich plate. It is possible that a Mustang oil cooler would fit a Barra, providing nothing on the block got in the way of the sandwich plate and the height of the cooler was similar to the Barra cooler. You'd obviously have to sort out the water lines but that's fairly straight forward.

 

It's possible that other filter/cooler assemblies would fit a Barra but that research is for someone else lol.

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 5y 1m 25d
Posted

ive just been sleuthing around that and the factory fpv style cooler (which you arent allowed to buy without an f6 vin now! limited release)

I might be mistaken, but it seems like an older BA engine lacks the mounts for either of the above. I have the old style with larger oil filter, certainly cant see any way these type of sandwich heat exchangers would mount.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...