Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 8m 22d
Posted

I have the same problem with my car, although it only happens in the wet weather for some reason.

driving along it is knocking underneath where you say your problem is, and turning hard left makes it worse.

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

If it was the single 3.5" setup it would be an easy fix since it's pretty easy to cut/bend one pipe. But since this has dual pipes it's going to be a PITA! Not to mention the item is supposed to fit the car so I shouldn't have to f*ck around like this and fork out more money to get it fixed.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m
  • Gender: Male
Posted
I have the same problem with my car, although it only happens in the wet weather for some reason.

driving along it is knocking underneath where you say your problem is, and turning hard left makes it worse.

Mine also makes more noise when I turn left, hard..

For this reason, I now avoid all twisty roads etc.. It is a joke, but to be fair I haven't had a chance to get the car back to Xforce since fitting.. so they may take a look at it without getting too defensive.. Well, one would only hope! :spit:

  • THE PSYCHO XRT
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 9m 28d
  • Gender: Not Telling
  • Location: At the lights!
Posted
hey mate when I was at cv about 2 months ago getting stuff done to my car they had a bf typhoon getting a full x-force system put on it was the 4" dump, 3 1/2 cat and twin 2 1/2 inch from the cat right though and they could not get it to fit properly and was hard up against the tunnel where you say yours is hitting.. they got the x-force guys to drop another exhaust system off and fit that and it went in no dramas at all.. so they think it might of moved on the jig and was out of wack.. so you could possibly have the same thing adam...

also them saying they had had no problems before is a load of sh*t.. I seen it with my own eyes lol

my full x-force system which is the 3 1/2" right through bolted up sweet as which I did my self.. so it might be the luck of the draw..

Got my new rear section today (xforce dual 2.5") which bolted on OK but it was also rubbing hard up against the bracket which is located in that "tunnel" just

above the diff as you say. I notified the supplier about this who was very understanding and suggested that if I take my car back to him he'll sort it out on the spot.

He did mention all that was required is a "UNB2 RUBBER BEND" that needs to be welded under that pipe which should fix it... I guess I'll wait and see 2morrow if he's right or not.

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

So he's going to weld another bracket onto your car by the sound of it.

  • THE PSYCHO XRT
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 9m 28d
  • Gender: Not Telling
  • Location: At the lights!
Posted (edited)

Yes, some sort of UNB2 rubber bracket which gets welded in between the x-force pipe and the tunnel bracket.

This also should stop the tips hitting the rear bar. :stupid:

Edited by Varaitch
  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

An UNB2 bracket is what's used to hang a LCD/Plasma TV. :Welcome2FordXR6t:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast, QLD
Posted

Dave from CPV Tuning fitted mine last wednesday, 4 inch dump, 3.5 cat, and twin 2.5's... Sounds awesome. Anyway, he said it bolted straight in, no dramas. On that not I've got a few spare rubbers (new) if anyone gets stuck and needs em, try using the old rubbers as the extra play in them may allow for a looser fit. I do reccommend putting a little thread locker on the plugs that go where the sensors are supposed to, cos my top one fell out and sounded like sh*t, and pumped exhaust fumes all through my car. Good luck with the fit.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 6m 7d
Posted

Yeah I got my full stainless Xforce 3.5" exhuast fitted couple days ago.

I had to use an oxy to bend a mount near the dif. The dump pipe took forever to fit but got it on in the end.

The exhaust did rattle once fitted near the diff aea again as the rubber mount moved whilst driving it but got the oxy back out and theres good clearance there now.

Saying that, the rear muffler with the two tips (I hate the dual tips) sat about 4 inches lower then it should so had to weld another braket onto it and got rid of the old sh*tty wrap around type bracket that goes fully around the muffler.

So in the end it all worked out ok until tonight haha. The heat shield around where the exhaust goes over the dif area has all melted and the heat shielding is now resting slightly on the exhuast, its amzing how hot the exhaust gets!!!!!

Anyway will have to now again pull the exhaust off and refit some better heat shield and maybe heat wrap the exhaust where it goes over the dif which I think xforce say it will then void your warranty, (not really sure why though). I'm just glad I have a mate with a hoist cause there is no way you could fit the exhaust at home!!

But overall the note is not as loud as I thought (which is great) and gee even with it being stock and not tuned it goes quite well. Although the engine light comes on and the computer then splutters which then requires restarting the engine and its good again.

Will be gettin a proper tune though shortly and everything should be better.

Overall excellent exhaust for the money but just needs work and I really dont think there is anything such as a true bolt on system.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: north QLD
Posted

cant believe the troubles some people have with there x-force exhausts.. im so lucky I had no problems with mine at all.. :wacko:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...