tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 20/03/09 10:58 PM Posted 20/03/09 10:58 PM This is the mob that takes a standard XT and redevelopes it into a FPV.They take standard XRs and change a few bits of plastic, couple of new bumpers, wheels, and hey presto...an FPV
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 9d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 20/03/09 11:02 PM Posted 20/03/09 11:02 PM + a dash of brake shudder.......
tpinto Legacy Donating Member 103 Member For: 17y 9m 28d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 21/03/09 01:08 AM Posted 21/03/09 01:08 AM They take standard XRs and change a few bits of plastic, couple of new bumpers, wheels, and hey presto...an FPV But dont they take an XT and add a few bits of plastic, new bumper and wheels and some extra pieces down the production line and presto... an XR??
Tocchi Sandtrap Motorsport Legacy Donating Member 2,055 Member For: 17y 10m 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 21/03/09 02:49 AM Posted 21/03/09 02:49 AM And to restate, this problem with the shudder effects FPV's with 6/4 pot from fact ory also so the booster and master have nothing to do with the problem.ok... its in the programming for the ESP/ABS ... any advances in fixing it yet?They take standard XRs and change a few bits of plastic, couple of new bumpers, wheels, and hey presto...an FPV in BA/BFs they did... but now, its XTs same same headlights+ a dash of brake shudder....... more like a cup of shudder But dont they take an XT and add a few bits of plastic, new bumper and wheels and some extra pieces down the production line and presto... an XR?? I love my XT
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 21/03/09 04:56 AM Posted 21/03/09 04:56 AM Was just highlighting the ludicrous "re-engineered" comment tpinto...FPV do fark all as far as the engineering goes. And regardless, with Ford having the controlling portion of ownership there are no excuses or avenues to shift the blame.
hdj80 Member 76 Member For: 19y 8m 3d Posted 22/03/09 07:10 AM Posted 22/03/09 07:10 AM (edited) Well just so we can be certain about it not being M/Cyl related. My FG XR6T (02/09 build) has B227-129 master cylinder same as that listed above for the Super Pursuit.You would have to assume the problem is related to the location of the calipers having moved from the BA/BF positioning. Can't see how the ABS programming would only be stuffed when used with 6 pot calipers.It will be interesting to see what the eventual fix is. I won't be fitting mine til I hit 3000km (only 400 so far) regardless. Edited 22/03/09 07:13 AM by hdj80
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 22/03/09 08:21 AM Posted 22/03/09 08:21 AM I am now getting this every time I drive. It is always under 30km/h under light braking.It feels almost like the pad is vibrating then making the ABS activate. I think I am going to have to get the dealer involved as it is dangerous.The reason I say this is because the car does not like to stop once the ABS is activating. I now agree with tpinto with the belief that it is the left hand ABS problem.
hdj80 Member 76 Member For: 19y 8m 3d Posted 26/03/09 11:16 AM Posted 26/03/09 11:16 AM ZapIf you tap the brakes to get things in contact and then lightly brake does it still do it....I just wonder if that if you take the float out of the pads with a slightly sharp press and then ease off whether it still occurs.Elsewise I might need to buy some 4 pots instead of the 6's :-(
FGXR6TUTE Member 57 Member For: 18y 1m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 07/04/09 03:09 AM Posted 07/04/09 03:09 AM Has anyone had any success solving this issue yet?
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 07/04/09 03:27 AM Posted 07/04/09 03:27 AM No, but I have been able to replicate the problem anytime.It is always under 15lm/h, always under light braking and it is not the ABS.It feels like pad float, the pads are vibrating and if bad enough with activate the ABS.My car will be going in for its 3k walkaround in a coupe of weeks, so I am hoping Ford have found a fix by then.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now