Caution Fg Brake Upgrade

tinyplums

• Member For: 15y 8m 12d
Weird you talk about the shudder.

I had the 6/4 option on my Typhoon, so I was keen to get the same on my new car.

The GT-E comes standard with these brakes and I am also getting a really bad shudder occasionally.

It seems to only happen under very light braking and the shudder is enough to knock a filling out.

The problem is fixed by braking harder, but it is not acceptable as sometimes light braking is required.

It feels like the pads need an antivibration clip or some pad goo to stop the problem. I was going to take it up at the 3,000km service to see if there is a problem.

that is identical to my situation, not good for you but sort of glad its not just caused by me f*cking about with mine.

XRQTOR first time I`ve heard of a 6/4 on a ute, wish I hadnt sold me 4 pots.

rear 4 pots are different to the front 4 pots

I've got 6 pots on by bf ute. no problems at all

apart from pads /disc being sodding expensive to replace

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 22d
Weird you talk about the shudder.

I had the 6/4 option on my Typhoon, so I was keen to get the same on my new car.

The GT-E comes standard with these brakes and I am also getting a really bad shudder occasionally.

It seems to only happen under very light braking and the shudder is enough to knock a filling out.

The problem is fixed by braking harder, but it is not acceptable as sometimes light braking is required.

It feels like the pads need an antivibration clip or some pad goo to stop the problem. I was going to take it up at the 3,000km service to see if there is a problem.

exactly... its a vicious shudder.

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 7m 11d

As a few of you are having similar probs with the 6/4 setup it might be "within spec" at ford

• Member For: 15y 8m 12d

zaps is 6/4 from factory

tocchi is 6/4 diy from stock xr8

mine is 6 front only up from 4 pots. but stock rears.

typical ford hasnt got back to me yet.

thankfully for me and tocchi, zap has issue from factory, so at least it elimates us f*cking it up.

Edited by tinyplums

that is identical to my situation, not good for you but sort of glad its not just caused by me f*cking about with mine.

XRQTOR first time I`ve heard of a 6/4 on a ute, wish I hadnt sold me 4 pots.

Yep they bolt straight up, have fitted a few sets and know of heaps of people running them.

Yep they bolt straight up, have fitted a few sets and know of heaps of people running them.

so are the 4pots's that come on the rear with a 6/4 the same as the normal front 4 pots?