Caution Fg Brake Upgrade

tinyplums

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 13d

I had managed to get a week without a problem, but today I got it bad twice.

Both on turns. I will be booking the car in for a 3k tyre kick and take the forman for a testdrive. I bet it works fine :spoton:

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 2d

ok I found with a full car it happens every f*cking stop!!!! (when I brake gently - as you do when you have others in the car)

so weight plays a factor !!!

Edited by Tocchi

• Member For: 17y 2m 30d

okay. Those with the problem...number of kilometers, build date, vehicle type (sedan or ute), brake combo (ie 6/4; 6/1 etc), laden or unladen any other factors you can thing of when it happens or not ie cornering etc.

If we can record a database of those with and without the problem we may be able to work it out for ourselves.

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 13d

FG GT-E

July 08

0-3,000km

6/4 Brembo (stock)

no difference to load

done it from brand new

stock everything

** Has not done it in the wet (yet) **

Only does it on light brake applications under 20km/h

Seems to be worse on turning. Can replicate it anytime and can usually drive around it

• Member For: 19y 3m 12d

Zap, sorry to hear of your problems.

Reason would suggest that the dealership would be on the phone twice a day to resolve the issue.

History suggests that you are in for a world of obfuscation, inaction, and deceit from the dealership with respect to warranty repairs.

You know the drill. I am surprised you went for it again.

Sure the cars are great, brilliant, but the dealship warranty response makes owning the brand a non viable proposition.

Three weeks ago my lease expired and I vacillated about leasing a new F6 with the 6/4 Brembo combo. On the one hand there was the brilliance of the design and the fact that I get a new car - at no additional cost. On the other hand was the past history of the so called warranty response of the dealership, and the unresolved major problem that I had to endure every time I drove the car. You know the nonsense too well.

Based on previous dealership warranty responses I decided against the F6 6/4. Clearly from your experience I had a close call.

Good luck.

Regards,

aa

• Member For: 17y 2m 30d

Zap

Would be handy if another Sydney based member could either drive yours or you drive theirs to see if it is purely driver style?

On that note mine is

02/09 build

FG XR6T with

Super Pursuit brake package Brembo 6 pot front, PBR red rears and genuine FG GT rims.

No experience with issues yet but have only been on for 2 days.