Caution Fg Brake Upgrade

tinyplums

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 4d
This is the mob that takes a standard XT and redevelopes it into a FPV.

:roflmbo:

They take standard XRs and change a few bits of plastic, couple of new bumpers, wheels, and hey presto...an FPV :msm:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 25d

They take standard XRs and change a few bits of plastic, couple of new bumpers, wheels, and hey presto...an FPV :msm:

But dont they take an XT and add a few bits of plastic, new bumper and wheels and some extra pieces down the production line and presto... an XR?? :msm:

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 4d
And to restate, this problem with the shudder effects FPV's with 6/4 pot from fact ory also so the booster and master have nothing to do with the problem.

ok... its in the programming for the ESP/ABS ... any advances in fixing it yet?

in BA/BFs they did... but now, its XTs :P same same headlights

+ a dash of brake shudder....... :retard:

more like a cup of shudder :P

But dont they take an XT and add a few bits of plastic, new bumper and wheels and some extra pieces down the production line and presto... an XR?? :huh:

I love my XT :)

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 4d

:blush:

Was just highlighting the ludicrous "re-engineered" comment tpinto...FPV do fark all as far as the engineering goes. And regardless, with Ford having the controlling portion of ownership there are no excuses or avenues to shift the blame.

• Member For: 17y 2m

Well just so we can be certain about it not being M/Cyl related. My FG XR6T (02/09 build) has B227-129 master cylinder same as that listed above for the Super Pursuit.

You would have to assume the problem is related to the location of the calipers having moved from the BA/BF positioning. Can't see how the ABS programming would only be stuffed when used with 6 pot calipers.

It will be interesting to see what the eventual fix is. I won't be fitting mine til I hit 3000km (only 400 so far) regardless.

Edited by hdj80

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 15d

I am now getting this every time I drive. It is always under 30km/h under light braking.

It feels almost like the pad is vibrating then making the ABS activate. I think I am going to have to get the dealer involved as it is dangerous.

The reason I say this is because the car does not like to stop once the ABS is activating. I now agree with tpinto with the belief that it is the left hand ABS problem.

• Member For: 17y 2m

Zap

If you tap the brakes to get things in contact and then lightly brake does it still do it....I just wonder if that if you take the float out of the pads with a slightly sharp press and then ease off whether it still occurs.

Elsewise I might need to buy some 4 pots instead of the 6's :-(

• 2 weeks later...
  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 15d

No, but I have been able to replicate the problem anytime.

It is always under 15lm/h, always under light braking and it is not the ABS.

It feels like pad float, the pads are vibrating and if bad enough with activate the ABS.

My car will be going in for its 3k walkaround in a coupe of weeks, so I am hoping Ford have found a fix by then.