Caution Fg Brake Upgrade

tinyplums

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 11d

I just spoke to FPV and they are aware of a problem and are working on it.

He did not see my humor when I asked if it would be 2 weeks.....

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m
No, but I have been able to replicate the problem anytime.

It is always under 15lm/h, always under light braking and it is not the ABS.

It feels like pad float, the pads are vibrating and if bad enough with activate the ABS.

My car will be going in for its 3k walkaround in a coupe of weeks, so I am hoping Ford have found a fix by then.

yep. slow braking = badddddd !!!

I have to do hard braking now at lights so it doesnt sound and look like my car is falling apart

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 17y 2m 27d

Guys any updates on the brake issue. I have 6pots and PBR rears on the bench waiting to be fitted now my 3k inspection has been done.

I don't want to fit them if its something that needs a factory fix.

Cheers

Craig

• Member For: 15y 8m 20d

mines not happening as often as zaps, I cant get it to replicate, otherwise I`d be down to ford showing them. just got mine back from 15k service and they couldnt find anything and apparently dont no and havent heard of any1 with the same problem

Edited by tinyplums

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 11d

I spoke to 13FORD about it 2 weeks ago. They were aware of the problem and said that my dealer would need to speak to the Factory hotline for further advice.

Mine happens almost anytime I want it to, but I have learnt to drive around the problem, by either braking harder or reapplying the brakes if it starts to shudder.

I spoke to the service manager at the dealer and I will take the foreman for a run when my 3k service comes up in a few weeks.

• Member For: 15y 8m 20d

if you can get it to happen if I was you I`d be dropping it off early, take them for a spin than leave it with them. (and also tell them to ring titan ford in wa about :verysad: )

Edited by tinyplums

Untill I get the time and a car to test my theory on im leaning towards 1 of 2 things, the new uprights arn't as strong as the BA/BF ones were and at low speeds on initial bite it twists the upright. At higher speeds it isn't noticable at you have constant pressure on there, at lower speeds you have very little pressure and not always constand pressure on there.

2nd theory is same pricipal but with the caliper bracket itself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 17y 2m 27d

Well we fitted the 6pot/PBR combo today to my FG XR6T ute. Anyone heard any more about this. Seems to range from constant to hard to replicate depending on the person.

Not sure how it could be front suspension uprights if it only happens under extremely light brake applications - least torsional force scenario causing problems?? - but I am not an engineer.

• Boost Addict
  • Member For: 15y 9m 2d

probably not relevant, but ever since I have had my car, if I full lock wheel to the left(sometimes other direct), it seems to shutter... this was before changing rims... suspension etc... still does it to date...

sounds awfully nasty, I am always avoiding doing u turns etc, scares the sh*t out of me.