PTR_NITRO_FG Legacy Donating Member 3,214 Member For: 13y 4m 11d Gender: Male Location: NOR Perth Posted 19/04/15 11:23 PM Posted 19/04/15 11:23 PM 14 years....they must love you ?
"Captain Retard" Member 1,417 Member For: 12y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: Shellharbour NSW Posted 20/04/15 05:42 AM Posted 20/04/15 05:42 AM Well I'm not one to be loyal, especially too insurance companies but the wife has from time to time got other quotes and either Shannon's have still been cheaper or they've matched the other quotes.And yeah Shannon's must bloody love us as we've never made a claim.But I'm happy with Shannon's or as happy as I can be when it comes to an insurance company [emoji6]
waza123 New Member 1 Member For: 11y 11m 10d Posted 01/09/15 11:51 AM Posted 01/09/15 11:51 AM Just got my first xr6t youi wanted $2255 crazy price aami $1600 not bad ended up going with bingle $845 fare price excess $695 agreed falue $18000 and it's a bf mk2 ute I'm 29 and good drive record.
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m 5d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 02/09/15 01:49 AM Posted 02/09/15 01:49 AM Accident history?At 28 I insured an FG turbo for $600
.Stripes. All stock bar the k&n panel filter Legacy Donating Member 8,061 Member For: 14y 6m 23d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 02/09/15 04:38 AM Posted 02/09/15 04:38 AM ^ maybe they just felt sorry for you Brendo?
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m 5d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 02/09/15 04:52 AM Posted 02/09/15 04:52 AM This was through aami. Those prices above are nuts!
.Stripes. All stock bar the k&n panel filter Legacy Donating Member 8,061 Member For: 14y 6m 23d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 02/09/15 05:03 AM Posted 02/09/15 05:03 AM Cost me about $1,200 through SGIO for my turbo. GT was like $700 for some reason? haha
Robski Member 64 Member For: 16y 11m 24d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/01/16 07:40 PM Posted 06/01/16 07:40 PM Hey guys and gals,I have been away from the XR6T's for around 4 years now and am looking to come back (Looking at a 2014 FG MKII XR6T). I have been looking at various companies for insurance and this is what I have found.Age: 35Gender: MaleDriving Record: CleanOther Drivers: 33yo Female (wife)And what I have found is that RACV will insure the car for $1,016 with an excess of $1,500 however will not cover any modifications. Shannon's I am still waiting to hear back from.But this is where it gets interesting.I contacted Bingle Car Insurance (I can already hear all your eyes rolling back in your heads), I don't know maybe it was due to the add with the guy riding the 2 singing white horses on the beach or something, but anyway. I contacted them and they have quoted me $789.87 ($75.63 per month) with an excess of $650. The only modifications they will not cover are Roll cage, Racing Harness, Aftermarket Turbo/Supercharger, and Nitro fuel.I have only just started the research, but to me that is cheaper than my sh** kicker 1997 Civic for full comprehensive!!!What do you guys and gals think???
Franga Legacy Donating Member 256 Member For: 11y 11m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 06/01/16 09:29 PM Posted 06/01/16 09:29 PM Bingle is almost always quoted cheaper than competitors but in my research I found far too many disgruntled customers complaining about the claims process so I went elsewhere. I would wait for the Shannons quote and also try other mod friendly insurers. Good luck!
Robski Member 64 Member For: 16y 11m 24d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/01/16 09:44 PM Posted 06/01/16 09:44 PM Thanks for that Franga.I am still researching so the process is still in it's infancy. I think my old BF used to be insured with AAMI.I think we think alike. I would prefer to pay a little more for my Premium and then not have any issues if a claim is necessary. However $300 per year extra is a lot for a young family, so we will see how we fare in a few weeks when I actually get the car.Thanks guys and gals. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now