Bizkets is Drunk? Too heavy needs boost Member 5,929 Member For: 13y 2m 5d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 06/02/15 07:38 AM Posted 06/02/15 07:38 AM (edited) After doing a bit of shopping aroud. Two crashes on my name and a dui. Just cars gave me a quote of $1150 with agreed value of 26k. Fg 50t. Even after 14k+ being spent on it. Excess was 1950. so that's no deal. Called shannons back up. Original insurance was 1690 a year. (Pricks drop agreed value of the car to 22k.) after a phone call and told them of the other quote. (Just cars/ shannons) owned by the same mob. Put the agreed value back up to 26k and dropped the insurance by 15%. I believe im still getting farked over. Anyone else insured with shannons and whats ya yearly cost. Cheers.:D Edited 06/02/15 07:39 AM by Bizkets is fat?
.Stripes. All stock bar the k&n panel filter Legacy Donating Member 8,061 Member For: 14y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 06/02/15 08:08 AM Posted 06/02/15 08:08 AM Have you given SGIO a call Biz? They insure mods as part of agreed value (I.e. you don't need to tell them about them necessarily, just need proof you had them in the event of a claim) and I've always found them to be a decent price...although YMMV.
Wilko16 Legacy Donating Member 1,672 Member For: 18y 10m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/02/15 08:08 AM Posted 06/02/15 08:08 AM Dui is gonna be the main reason your getting shafted
Bizkets is Drunk? Too heavy needs boost Member 5,929 Member For: 13y 2m 5d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 06/02/15 08:14 AM Posted 06/02/15 08:14 AM All good wilko. Long time ago. Sshhh dont tell my mum. Lol
xr6tman Member 306 Member For: 12y 3m 15d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 06/02/15 08:17 AM Posted 06/02/15 08:17 AM When was the DUI? With SGIO it won't effect your premium what so ever, it will just be a special excess of $800 - $1200, but only if it was in the last 3 years otherwise we won't note it down.
petchyboy Member 76 Member For: 16y 11m 12d Gender: Male Posted 06/02/15 08:30 AM Posted 06/02/15 08:30 AM Shannons 30yr old with mods covered 25k agreed value (highest they would go) $741.89 with $500 excess. Cars 09 FG turbo.I have it listed as limited use, as I'm lucky to use it once a week. Saved $250 doing this, however they don't ask for ODO reading or logbook, so stuffed if they know how much you drive it? Best I've found out of the lot of them.
Bizkets is Drunk? Too heavy needs boost Member 5,929 Member For: 13y 2m 5d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 06/02/15 09:02 AM Posted 06/02/15 09:02 AM (edited) When was the DUI? With SGIO it won't effect your premium what so ever, it will just be a special excess of $800 - $1200, but only if it was in the last 3 years otherwise we won't note it down.I was 16. Now 29. So yeah but they still asked if I have ever lost it.Also its the daily. Hopefully I can have a run soon then aim for a 10 second baby seat mover. Lol Edited 06/02/15 09:03 AM by Bizkets is fat?
xr6tman Member 306 Member For: 12y 3m 15d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 06/02/15 09:14 AM Posted 06/02/15 09:14 AM SRT8 [emoji108]
Wilko16 Legacy Donating Member 1,672 Member For: 18y 10m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/02/15 10:00 PM Posted 06/02/15 10:00 PM I was 16. Now 29. So yeah but they still asked if I have ever lost it.Also its the daily. Hopefully I can have a run soon then aim for a 10 second baby seat mover. LolThat shouldn't have any effect on your insurance at all, I always thought it was only last 5 years records
Bizkets is Drunk? Too heavy needs boost Member 5,929 Member For: 13y 2m 5d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 06/02/15 10:02 PM Posted 06/02/15 10:02 PM Im going to keep shopping. J@ had his through aami for 90 a month with mods listed I think so going to give them a buzz monday.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now