The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 30d

lol they won't be making a loss mate, problem is it's now a new month so they have less urgency, and june is a good month for cars sales

I paid the deposit yesterday 31/05. The Chick I saw has rang again saying I should reconsider the package stuff so that's why I asked Foon how he managed to get it for free.

As for them making a loss, I have no idea, it was a computer doing the calculation. The deal had to be approved by the Dealer Principal though. The Salesman and Sales Manager couldn't save the deal in the computer or print off a contract as it wanted a password to generate a Contract because the computer had calculated the sale at a loss. It would come up with a box to the effect of "The Customer Offer Price you have entered is below cost for this vehicle configuration". If they clicked Cancel, it cancelled (obviously, lol) and if they clicked Continue it asked for the Password which neither of them had.

After speaking to the Sales Manager, my Salesman asked me if I'd increase it by $384 (the Computer calculation said GN348 or Gross Negative $348). I said No as I'd got that offer from a different dealer and were giving them last bite at the cherry. They went and saw the DP who came down, did the same thing trying to convince me to increase and when I said I'd walk and go to the other Dealer he caved and entered the Password.

mate when its not what you ordered then why should you pay, we got $3000 off a $28,000 car, a brand new set of aftermarket wheels and tyres thrown on as well for free, plus an extended warranty that we didn't ask for put on too, we payed the $200 for the tint but they had to do it twice to give us what we ordered, and I didn't pay for the extended 3 year warranty because they threw it on without asking us which I would of said no to anyway as my best mate looks after my cars and he is the only one that ever will, so never used the warranty anyway, come to think of it have never used any warranties on my cars.

All I say is play hard ball with them, they will try to screw you as best as they can, end of the month is the best time, and if they won't give you what you want and are willing to pay for walk away, if they want to sell they will follow you if they don't they will call you at the end of the month to say yeah we can make that deal now once you have already bought another car.

Ah, OK, I haven't ordered it, they're just trying to sell it to me. I'll just fob her off again in that case, lol.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 25d

You've been played I think mate, there is no way that they would ever sell something at a loss unless there's factory rebates involved. It may have gone below predetermined margins but they'd still be making something out of it.

Not saying you haven't achieved a good price, but just that salesmen know how to make you think their kids aren't getting dinner tonight because of the deal they just gave you.

• Like 1

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 22d

Wheel spacers come with the studs on the spacer itself. And in between each new stud is the hole to put it on the car and tighten up bolts to it.

Looks good henz. He will soon be the new wheel whore lol

..make you think their kids aren't getting dinner tonight because of the deal they just gave you.

Hahah..starve the little kents anyway haha

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 30d

You've been played I think mate, there is no way that they would ever sell something at a loss unless there's factory rebates involved. It may have gone below predetermined margins but they'd still be making something out of it.

Not saying you haven't achieved a good price, but just that salesmen know how to make you think their kids aren't getting dinner tonight because of the deal they just gave you.

I agree, I imagine the computer has pre-determined minimum margins built in to it. Only the large dealers would consider matching the price I got, all the smaller ones around me simply said it was a really sharp price and while they'd like my business, they can't match that price. It would make sense though as for instance one large dealer said it costs them $77 to truck a car while a smaller one said it would cost them $157. If all of their costs were like that, it quicly makes the small dealers less competitive which is a shame.