The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 10d

I used to sell that sh*t... Tint is around $125wholesale (what the yard pay) depending on their provider... Motor one is expensive and can be upto $250 wholesale....

We sold $145 tint for $495 retail

Also.... Only the dp in dealerships can usually see the margins as they don't usually tell staff coz then they know how cheap they can sel the car for and are more likely to give people more discount... Whereas when they don't know they simply ask for more money coz they don't know how low they can go...

That's why a dp or manager signs off on every deal... That figure would have been a bullsh*t figure...

Also new cars and used are very different ....

Eg... ForD will give more $ for demo vehicles to bigger dealerships... (1 bonus per demo vehicle)

If theyre smart they can use 1 of the demo bonuses to give someone more discount... Where was smaller dealerships use it for genuine test drive cars ( demo vehicles) coz they will sell those for less and need to make a profit stil.

Edited by Dagabond

• Thooperrrrrrr
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 21d

Look at the fluff. All knowledgable and shiz.

Why you leave that job fluffy?

Edited by Ciaran

• Donating Members

To many hours... I loved it but jet winged that I wasn't home enough or early enough to cook him dinner

DepeNds ... I was on 30k base when I first started they offered me $50base to come back ....

Plus car and coms....

Depends in the person ...

Coms are a percentage of the profit margin left on the car....

I managed to clear $1500 a week easily while I was there the first time... On a 30k base

But I'm a gun sales person... Not to brag ... But I was ...

Hence the 50k Plus car offer

Edited by Dagabond
  • Like 1

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 16d

The other thing you don't see is the fact that while the dealership will get a kick back for selling a unit from Ford, the sales team does not get this. So they work off what they are going to get paid on, not what the dealership is earning.

You'd be surprised at how many deals go through with minimal margin.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 23d

To many hours... I loved it but jet winged that I wasn't home enough or early enough to cook him dinner

this is the main thing period !!!

• Like 2

• Donating Members

Actually not all cars get kick backs... Only ones on run out or demo...

Like of ford have a $33990 sale on xr6 they might give the dealership an extra 1k or 3k depending on the price and what the dealership pay.

A dealership has a line of credit... They buy say 30 yard cars ... Eg... Xr6 usually costs a dealership 32k to buy and they sell them for $36990....

So the car yard has say a 2 million dollar budget that they borrow from say st George at a low interest rate (hence why they get kick backs if they sells finance because they don't get charged intrest on the $33k they borrowed to buy that car from ford)

If ford have a run out for 33990 on xr6 they will give the dealership say 3k for every car they sell on run out to make up for the fact they have to sell at the advertised price....

Hence why sales people dot get these figures coz there might be 4 bonuses on that model car at the time for different reasons and the manager or dp works out the math...

Eg. Dealer paid $32000for car

Run out bonus of $3000

Extra bonus for all cars sold with leather upholstery sold $500

So car cost them all up after minuting bonuses $28950

But mr jones doesn't wanna pay the run out price of $33990 and haggle down to $32990

Car made about 3k.... Minus 10 or 15% commission ( goes on a sliding scale depending how much profit in car)

Minus intrest they paid for havin the car on the yard for 2 months

Minus over heads...

That's why they will always try and sell u what's in stock!

If there are no bonuses or rebates ford give on a vehicle at the time then dp just works on what they paid for car...

That's why it's so hard to see if your getting a good deal ... It all depends on weather ford are giving kick backs on that model or other things at the time... But the consumer won't know about those

Edited by Fluffinator

• Donating Members

The sales person usually gets about $50 per sale for selling finance and same for extended warranty...

So there ya go karnts.... Bit of advice when your buying your next cars lol

• Like 1