The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 4m 6d

I sold a g6et... Black with cashmere leather....19" wheel upgrade.... Beand new....Put a demo on it for this guy coz he could only get approved for 50k loan....

Drive away including stamp . Rego. Etce etc ...$49,990 drive away

But that was 1 in a million coz they don't use demo bonuses on those cars I <3 Bananas all...

Well, my target was originally $50K but once the first dealer dropped out at $54,500, I realised I wasn't likely to get down there.

I offered $52,500 to three dealers on the weekend and none of them would take it including the dealer I ended up going with. All three took it to the DP and they all rejected it.

Lol, so all this stuff people say about paying cash getting you the lower price is wrong. We should be taking dealer finance and cancelling it after a couple of days and falsifying our incomes so we're only eligible for small loans....

Are used cars easier? I mean, if they made a big profit on the new car that was bought on the trade-in then they could afford to lower the price of the trade-in car.

What's actually in dealer delivery? Trucking the car, washing it if it got dirty on the trip, what else?

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 18d

Dealer delivery is basically the labour cost of getting your car ready. Detailing, registration, pre delivery checks, fuel, fitting or accessories etc...

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 18d
Plus profit? I can't imagine it costs 1600 bucks to prepare a car? You can get a full detail for less than that and it takes all of 30secs to put floor mats in.

Of course! They don't get where they are by doing things at cost price...who does?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 11m 9d
@Dan wrong mate, all those cars you describe are what middle-aged men aspire to, they're nothing but over-priced, unreliable Euro junk if you buy them in Australia. Not to mention that anyone with any semblance of 'education' or financial nous would by a second-hand car over a new one, and we all know what late model Euro cars are like out of warranty. Most young, educated guys would be aspiring to buy a Nissan GTR, it would leave all the cars you mentioned in the dust, the only real rival would be a 911 Turbo S. A second-hand 2012 GTR will most definitely be my next car when I'm ready to upgrade my modded G6E Turbo.

Commenter

Dylan

Melbourne

Date and time

Jun 1, 2012, 01:52PM

anyone else confused?