1977975_o.gif

f*ck-this-sh*t_c_52429.jpg

Edited by Dillz

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 16d

What about Holdback?

I used to be in the industry too fluff

Lol senna I'm not saying your wrong jjust explaining what I know... I dont know all coz sales people only get told so much lol....

Also tab.....

Who's the bigger crooks... Dealerships trying to scrape by with sales people who are trying to make a living and follow directives from their boss...

Or the higher up people in Coles and woollies who make so much mark up on evey day items which they buy for I <3 Bananas all....

Do u think your local check out staff are carnts coz they charge u they set price in the register... Prolly not....

Sales in any big $$$ industry is hard and yes there are a-holes out there but there are those everywhere....

The end of the day we all have to feed our families and that's all they're trying to do

Edited by Fluffinator
  • Like 1

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 2d

Agree dillz

But great write up fluff! :spoton: interesting read and to hear about all the stuff we don't see or get.

So you were a car salesman..now sell foxtel. Lol did you start off as a salesperson doing that annoying door knocking BS? I still say you should do us a sweet deal. Who cares if the guy you'd be screwing over is the only bloke you like lol..I want foxtel on the cheap! :w00t2:

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 16d

Hahah nah I <3 Bananas doors.... That's for immigrants Hahahah....

Less hours and I can pick when I work with this job... But again it's time to move on... Only stayed to get thought that mortgage process....

I would love to go back to car sales but jet won't let me... Plus there are some great business to business positions im trying to get into now.

First sales positions was selling cars... Walked in the door at ford and went up to the female dp and said hire me I'm a gun lol and she did... Worked 2 months as a Ming mole (aftermarket) lol and then did so well they put me into new car sales and new car stock control

Edited by Fluffinator

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 10d

I used to sell that sh*t... Tint is around $125wholesale (what the yard pay) depending on their provider... Motor one is expensive and can be upto $250 wholesale....

We sold $145 tint for $495 retail

Motor One was on all the advertising crap so looks like those figures are probably what it costs them, lol.

Good read, thanks for all that Fluff.

I'm pretty sure there's no incentives on G6ET's. The only factory option is an Alloy Spare and once the prices got right down, they'd all flick through their book/leaflet thing checking what incentives applied if any. Also, being top of the line Ford probably figure if people want it, they'll pay the price.

My salesman (told me after sale) said he gets an incentive at 9, 12, 15, 18 and 22 sales a month. I was sale 27 for May apparently and he's got greater than 25 for the last 12 months so he wants to push his boss for an incentive at 26 as well. What sort of figures did you have to chase Fluff?

He showed me his deliveries for the month too (we got talking about how small cars were selling like hot cakes while waiting for the woman who deals with accounts to finish with someone). All were Focus or Fiesta with one Ranger, one Falcon Ute and two Territories.

How much do you know about the sales systems Fluff? The PC was saying it was below cost (Gross Negative). I spent the most time with this particular salesman (hence why I ended up giving him last bite at the cherry) and because he'd reached his targets for the month, would he still have got commission with it being 'below cost' (probably a fixed profit margin on every vehicle)?

Is Stamp Duty calculated on just the sale price with accessories or is it applied to the Rego, CTP, Dealer Delivery, Plates, etc?