hardcore Member 92 Member For: 18y 5m 12d Gender: Male Posted 15/12/08 08:54 AM Posted 15/12/08 08:54 AM Yeah I have read it over and over. I have the pipe that comes from underneath the turbo and have connected it back to the top as I know it came from there, I also have 1 other that comes from a silver thing right next to the turbo and have it connected to the one that comes out at a right angle. Just not sure what pipe goes to the bottom plastic connector as I can't find another hose
hardcore Member 92 Member For: 18y 5m 12d Gender: Male Posted 15/12/08 10:48 AM Posted 15/12/08 10:48 AM All the posts I have read on here talk about 2 pipes. Can someone confirm there is 2 pipes not the third which I am looking for?
Sasha Member 141 Member For: 19y 1m 20d Gender: Male Location: North Queensland Posted 16/12/08 02:02 AM Posted 16/12/08 02:02 AM Sounds like an aftermarket solenoid. Are you sure the car doesn't have an aftermarket electronic boost controller fitted. Or perhaps the stock item stopped working and has been changed out with another unit that isnt stock.
hardcore Member 92 Member For: 18y 5m 12d Gender: Male Posted 16/12/08 06:48 AM Posted 16/12/08 06:48 AM I'm not sure. its a bf mk2 ute, bought it with 17 000 k's on it and was told it was all stock apart from being lowered.I have removed the battery and all pipes nearby and there is no sign of a third pipe. Just not sure if It is safe for me to drive with one plastic part with no pipe connected?
scar Legacy Donating Member 177 Member For: 19y 1m 18d Posted 16/12/08 07:52 AM Posted 16/12/08 07:52 AM Mate, the standard solenoid utilises the 2 outlets which you have mentioned, but there is also a third which is capped and not used. Have you knocked the plastic cap off?
hardcore Member 92 Member For: 18y 5m 12d Gender: Male Posted 16/12/08 10:43 AM Posted 16/12/08 10:43 AM I think you have just solved my problem!. I will have a look for a cap, if not I will just try and block it.Thanks heaps mate!
PHANTMXR6 It's not a MKI! Member 1,742 Member For: 18y 3m 9d Gender: Male Location: Earth Posted 16/12/08 11:24 AM Posted 16/12/08 11:24 AM Or you can take a pic of your dilema and upload it.Someone will be able to help you more if you do.
stevet Member 85 Member For: 18y 5m 17d Posted 16/12/08 10:37 PM Posted 16/12/08 10:37 PM hey while you guys are talking about the boost solenoid maintence, do you actually spray the WD40 down the two pipes or just through the boost solenoid itself???
scar Legacy Donating Member 177 Member For: 19y 1m 18d Posted 16/12/08 10:56 PM Posted 16/12/08 10:56 PM I usually just give it a 5 second spray down the solenoid.
stevet Member 85 Member For: 18y 5m 17d Posted 16/12/08 11:58 PM Posted 16/12/08 11:58 PM I just want to know if there is any benefit to spray down the hose that goes to the turbo and the other pipe that goes who knows where?!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now