Boost Solenoid Maintenance

ZAP

• Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be.....
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 7m 13d

:spoton:

thanks Buffy for directing me Zaps thread..

noticeable change between before and after :bowdown:

the only thing the battery affected was the Clock

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 16y 3m 16d

I ended up doing this solinoid maintenance today and I did it easily like most of you here did. I got a BF MKII Upgrade T and found that plastic pipe that comes out of the solinoid that the hose connects to on mine isnt actually plastic, its metal so I didnt have to be so fragile it wouldnt break even if I wanted it to.

Anyways... what I noticed

Boost comes on much smoother and more consistant through out the rev range. Actually the whole ride just feels smoother.

Great tip =) Cheers =)

Michael

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 21y 2m 20d

Hi Boys

I have been inactive on this sight for a loooooooonnnnnnnng time due to an illness, so I havent followed this thread.

Have had an issue with my T for a few years which I havent been able to resolve, The mechanics say "she drives like a beauty", nothing wrong.

Here is the problem:

Regardless of weather conditions, about 7 out of 10 flat out runs feature sluggish performance up to around 4500 - 5000 rpm at which point its like a switch is flicked and all hell breaks lose to about 6000rpm.

Other times it hauls hard the whole way thru.

Do you reckon its the boost solenoid???

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 3m 23d
Do you reckon its the boost solenoid???

Could be? Have you done the solenoid maintenance? Give it a go and see if it make any difference?

• Member For: 16y 14d

Hey there

Thought this might have been the solution to my cars sluggish feel. I pulled out the solenoid removed both pipes and sprayed WD40 through it so WD40 was goin in one pipe and coming out the other, dont know if that was the right way to do it?! I didnt spray any WD40 down the hoses that connect to the solenoid, should I have? anyway dont think it made a noticable difference, hard to tell cos it was lightly raining which caused traction issues. Earlier that day I had changed the oil and put in new spark plugs which hasnt improved the feel of the car. Any ideas what I might try to get back the power?? Its a 04 BA XR6T with 61km stock standard with a new KN panel filter. Having a look on here I guess cleaning the throttle body would help and maybe the exhaust manifold studs may need tightening?? any help would be appreciated!

Cheers :stirthepot: