F6 UTE - Track Bound EVO III - Member 3,367 Member For: 21y 9m 15d Gender: Male Location: Strapped in and holding on Posted 17/01/07 08:35 AM Posted 17/01/07 08:35 AM That's odd, why would the tornado software be different to the typhoon software? Something to do with no TC on the ute?←Utes now have TC..Good work Al, iron out the bugs.. Considering " It couldn't be done " a few bugs is stuff all!!.Well done.
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 17/01/07 09:47 AM Author Posted 17/01/07 09:47 AM (edited) So the car is home again BUT I had to limp it home in 3rd all the way, as we have some software incompatibility between my BF F6 PCM software, and the BF Tornado TCM (transmission) software.I will have to wait until we can get our hands on a 6 speed BF XR6T, so we can 'suck' the program out of the PCM on that car, and feed it to mine.Other than that I have a brake issue, where the new BF master cylinder does not release pressure to the front wheels properly, so the brakes are dragging, unless I manually relieve the pressure by unscrewing the brake pipe.So I'm 95% there, but just have to sort out these last issues.←Whats causing the brake drag issue Al..? Do the ba and bf's have the same booster push rod length?←Ought to give you a medal Turns out that that was exactly what the problem was, identical cylinders, EXCEPT the push rod is shorter on a BF, and thus the hole in the base of the Master Cylinder piston is deeper on BA, so that was an easy fix Edited 17/01/07 09:47 AM by Ninka
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 17/01/07 09:49 AM Author Posted 17/01/07 09:49 AM That's odd, why would the tornado software be different to the typhoon software? Something to do with no TC on the ute?←Utes now have TC..Good work Al, iron out the bugs.. Considering " It couldn't be done " a few bugs is stuff all!!.Well done. ←Confirmed, as I have the ABS modulator from the Tornado, and it is TC enabled.
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 17/01/07 10:16 AM Posted 17/01/07 10:16 AM Your nearly there Whiskas, keep the faith Your ongoing project is one of the most inspirational I have seen on these forums Given what you have been doing yourself ...... truly outstanding. I tips me hat to you
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 17/01/07 10:44 AM Posted 17/01/07 10:44 AM So the car is home again BUT I had to limp it home in 3rd all the way, as we have some software incompatibility between my BF F6 PCM software, and the BF Tornado TCM (transmission) software.I will have to wait until we can get our hands on a 6 speed BF XR6T, so we can 'suck' the program out of the PCM on that car, and feed it to mine.Other than that I have a brake issue, where the new BF master cylinder does not release pressure to the front wheels properly, so the brakes are dragging, unless I manually relieve the pressure by unscrewing the brake pipe.So I'm 95% there, but just have to sort out these last issues.←Whats causing the brake drag issue Al..? Do the ba and bf's have the same booster push rod length?←Ought to give you a medal Turns out that that was exactly what the problem was, identical cylinders, EXCEPT the push rod is shorter on a BF, and thus the hole in the base of the Master Cylinder piston is deeper on BA, so that was an easy fix ←Hey i try.....
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 9d Gender: Male Posted 17/01/07 11:34 AM Posted 17/01/07 11:34 AM That's odd, why would the tornado software be different to the typhoon software? Something to do with no TC on the ute?←Utes now have TC..Good work Al, iron out the bugs.. Considering " It couldn't be done " a few bugs is stuff all!!.Well done. ←They have different software as utes & sedans have different weight distributions / wheel base lengths
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 17/01/07 12:47 PM Author Posted 17/01/07 12:47 PM Thanks for all the encouraging feedback, it is really appreciated, and helps me to push on when new obstacles are placed in front of me I WANT THIS TO BE COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY and soon as well
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 8d Gender: Male Posted 17/01/07 11:28 PM Posted 17/01/07 11:28 PM congratulations on the progress to this point!glad the brake issue wasn't a big problem not too much longer now..keep us posted!Your nearly there Whiskas, keep the faith Your ongoing project is one of the most inspirational I have seen on these forums Given what you have been doing yourself ...... truly outstanding. I tips me hat to you ←amen to that!
Guest Guests Posted 18/01/07 01:23 AM Posted 18/01/07 01:23 AM So the car is home again BUT I had to limp it home in 3rd all the way, as we have some software incompatibility between my BF F6 PCM software, and the BF Tornado TCM (transmission) software.I will have to wait until we can get our hands on a 6 speed BF XR6T, so we can 'suck' the program out of the PCM on that car, and feed it to mine.Other than that I have a brake issue, where the new BF master cylinder does not release pressure to the front wheels properly, so the brakes are dragging, unless I manually relieve the pressure by unscrewing the brake pipe.So I'm 95% there, but just have to sort out these last issues.←How do you go about sucking the software out and installing it back into your box, will that leave the other ZF programless.
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 18/01/07 01:36 AM Author Posted 18/01/07 01:36 AM As I understand it, you can't such the programme from the TCM, but only from the PCM, so the trans stays as it came out of the factory.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now