Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 17d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 08/01/07 01:17 PM Author Posted 08/01/07 01:17 PM Allan,Fantastic effort, I love reading your techo mad posts. So the car is now almost completely a BF ?? What's next ... I don't think there is much more you can do !!! Maybe 4WD.....CheersRobin.←Well I guess I own the first Falcon BAF Hmm 4 WD, now there is an idea Now that would be a challenge Only joking in case somebody thought I was considering this
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 17d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 08/01/07 02:06 PM Posted 08/01/07 02:06 PM Be careful what you say Allan...you never know what a thread miner might find in a couple of years.....
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 17d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 08/01/07 09:50 PM Author Posted 08/01/07 09:50 PM Who would need 4WD in a Falcon There, something for you to dig up in a couple of years, just in case
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 24d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 08/01/07 09:57 PM Posted 08/01/07 09:57 PM Unbelievable Alan
bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 08/01/07 10:25 PM Posted 08/01/07 10:25 PM Allan,Fantastic effort, I love reading your techo mad posts. So the car is now almost completely a BF ?? What's next ... I don't think there is much more you can do !!! Maybe 4WD.....CheersRobin.←Well I guess I own the first Falcon BAF Hmm 4 WD, now there is an idea Now that would be a challenge Only joking in case somebody thought I was considering this ←I looked into it some time ago, after Nizpro ran an 11.8 in their AWD Territory in street trim (with Nizpro stage 3 kit).... from the thread on my car.I have a Wheels special edition Fordterritory magazine published last year.In the original prototyping and testing in outback Australia, the Territory awd suspension was used in 2 BA sedans. Further testing was performed in Sweden. So Ford had already done it, but it would be a huge job.I need to look at cost, timeframe and risk, but obviously assistance from Ford would help enormously.Front to rear drive split is 38:62, which is very good.Behind the gearbox there’s a chain that links to another propeller shaft that drives the front wheels.There would be little difference in weight between an awd BA sedan and an awd Territory, say around 100kg.I also checked out a few Territory’s yesterday. I’ve never looked at them before. It’s not quite as long as the BA XR sedan, but a lot higher. Wheelbase is longer. It’s surprisingly spacious and very impressive. Once the Turbo Territory is released next year its appeal will grow.I drove one. It drove very much like a car, but very weird being so high, after getting out of a lowered STi. Brian←
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 17d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 08/01/07 10:57 PM Author Posted 08/01/07 10:57 PM (edited) Thanks BrianI'm just going to push that idea away for the time being Edited 08/01/07 10:59 PM by Ninka
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 17d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 08/01/07 11:00 PM Posted 08/01/07 11:00 PM (edited) yeah it wouldnt fit anyway Allan....much like the ZF wouldnt fit... Edited 08/01/07 11:00 PM by hiddeous
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 17d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 08/01/07 11:03 PM Author Posted 08/01/07 11:03 PM You absolutely sure about that
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 16d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 08/01/07 11:10 PM Posted 08/01/07 11:10 PM When's the car going to be ready Allan? I'm just imagining the car at the moment being woken up after a long and deep sleep..."I have HOW MANY GEARS NOW???" *Back to sleep for a little bit........*
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 17d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 08/01/07 11:20 PM Author Posted 08/01/07 11:20 PM I'm at the mercy of Titan Ford at the moment, as they have my car.I was hoping yesterday, but that did not happen, so maybe today I WANT TO DRIVE IT NOW
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now