2MUCHKW Member 350 Member For: 20y 5m 11d Posted 22/12/06 02:29 AM Posted 22/12/06 02:29 AM The project have started Today I pulled the 4 speed trans out of my car, and began making the changes required to the engine, such as re-arranged water piping and hoses to have both the FPV oil cooler and the ZF trans cooler connected to the engine cooling system, also removed the trans oil cooler lines, and fitted the 2nd knock sensor.I have had to make a custom bracket for the trans cooler, as a BA does not have the required mounting holes in the sump for the original trans cooler bracket, but as there are spare holes in the block just above where it fits, this was not too difficult.Tomorrow I have to fit the BF engine wiring harness, after modifying it to fit the Nizpro kit, and then hopefully there will also be time to get the ZF fitted to the car.A bit of work, but smooth sailing so far ←Hi Ninka,Good to see you've got all your hardware n have started the installation.What sort of $$$ have you spent thus far? Hope it all goes well Cheers
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 22/12/06 03:26 AM Author Posted 22/12/06 03:26 AM Probably in the order of 7k, including the 6 speed ZF trans, all looms, BEM, HIM, Ignition Lock, door barrel, new PCM and a near new 2.73 diff and BF F6 tailshaftI have sold my Kewish strengthened BTR 4 speed, so that goes toward the modification, but all up I expect the nett cost to be around 5k.This will essentially make my car a BF, except for the few body differences and other bits and pieces, but I will get BF functionality from the PCM, which means independent VCT control, and other improvements, so it will be interesting to compare
2MUCHKW Member 350 Member For: 20y 5m 11d Posted 22/12/06 04:32 AM Posted 22/12/06 04:32 AM Sounds good; you've done extremely well sourcing all those components for only $7K ... well done!The 6 speed is magic compared to the old BTR 4 speed!cheers
Guest newl Guests Posted 22/12/06 07:50 AM Posted 22/12/06 07:50 AM What do you mean wait until after the lesson (listen to the lesson?)? lol
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 22/12/06 08:43 AM Author Posted 22/12/06 08:43 AM What do you mean wait until after the lesson (listen to the lesson?)? lol←Good to see somebody is fairly well versed in danish What about the last part of the sentence newl Oh well, at least it shut Simon up
Guest Guests Posted 22/12/06 10:46 AM Posted 22/12/06 10:46 AM This seems like a big job, what would you charge to do this again if someone supplied all these part's.
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 22/12/06 11:17 AM Author Posted 22/12/06 11:17 AM This seems like a big job, what would you charge to do this again if someone supplied all these part's.←Not sure I would do it for somebody else, as my spare time doesn't allow too many of these jobs You are right, it is a BIG job, but I like the challenge Oh, and I look forward to the end result
Guest newl Guests Posted 22/12/06 11:22 AM Posted 22/12/06 11:22 AM Good to see somebody is fairly well versed in danish What about the last part of the sentence newl ←I'm not 100% sure. The translator barfed a little bit which I suspect may have had something to do with the tense (past, present, future).
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 22/12/06 11:38 AM Posted 22/12/06 11:38 AM Ninka, you are the man man
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 23/12/06 08:48 AM Author Posted 23/12/06 08:48 AM OK, the box is in For those who claimed it wouldn't fit as the floorpan was different, well It is not, and the ZF fits like it the car was made for it, even the cross member fits perfectly.The only surprise so far is that I am going to have to replace the ABS module, as the introduction of DSC (even though FPV vehicles do not use it) makes it different to the BA, and the plug from the BF harness doesn't fit the BA ABS module.I have photos, and I will post shortly
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now