Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • THE Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
The shifter looks like the 4 speed one to me.

I agree 100%

Just emailed the guy and got this back

"Hey there, Sorry my mistake and I'll fix it up now in the ad. Yep - you're absolutely right - it is a 4 sp w/ sequential sports shifting. I missed that detail when I was cutting and pasting the otpions off the Ford website. All other details are correct though. Thanks for pointing it out."

Chooka

  • Colossal Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted
:roflmbo: cut and paste from the ford website?? So he thinks his BA Mk1 is as good as the current model?
  • THE Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted (edited)
:roflmbo: cut and paste from the ford website?? So he thinks his BA Mk1 is as good as the current model?

Yep, hense why he had 245T :roflmbo:

Chooka

Edited by Chooka
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted
The shifter looks like the 4 speed one to me.

I agree 100%

Just emailed the guy and got this back

"Hey there, Sorry my mistake and I'll fix it up now in the ad. Yep - you're absolutely right - it is a 4 sp w/ sequential sports shifting. I missed that detail when I was cutting and pasting the otpions off the Ford website. All other details are correct though. Thanks for pointing it out."

Chooka

Yeah he told me that as well, I also asked him what mods were done for the 340 kw he was quoting and who did the work. He didn't say what was done but it was done by ford and he had a dyno graph he was going to try and find. :roflmbo:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted
So where does this leave you Allan? What do you have to do to get this thing communicating to itself?

I made a deal with FTG Auto, where they get my BA XR6T PCM in exchange for the one that came from the Tornado where the trans came from, so when this shows up today or Monday, then hopefully I'm off :roflmbo:

Have to give a plug to Ferntree Gully Auto, as their help has been extremely valuable, and if you need anything for your XR6T/F6 etc, call Phil or Darren, I'm sure they will look after you.

They wreck late model FPV/Falcon/Territory, and have heaps of spare parts, engines and transmissions for these cars.

  • Colossal Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Sounds good...

But will there be any issue with the tornado PCM? I would have thought there would be some differences in the way it controlls a ute as opposed to the sedan? I'm probably out of my league here though... I hope it all works!

Posted

Allen, can they just flash your PCM with the tornado program or does the PCM used HAVE to come from the same car the box did.

  • Yaris member
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 3m 8d
  • Gender: Male
Posted
Yeah he told me that as well, I also asked him what mods were done for the 340 kw he was quoting and who did the work. He didn't say what was done but it was done by ford and he had a dyno graph he was going to try and find.  :roflmbo:

The work must have been done at the same dealer that tried to sell me a 350rwkw GT.. that had "a mild tune & air filter" :roflmbo:

  • Seriously Flukey Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 6m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Just reading this thread for the first time. Sensational effort so far and I cant wait to here that its all finished.

Keep us updated :spoton:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted
Allen, can they just flash your PCM with the tornado program or does the PCM used HAVE to come from the same car the box did.

They can just flash the PCM, but it is easier for me to get the original PCM, as it may eliminate a lot of stuffing around :spoton:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...