Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

WOOOHOOO whens my test drive.... :Doh: .....There aint much Simon dont know bout them edits.... :tease:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Came past your place today, but nobody home - Oh well, next time :w00t2:

  • Abuser of Charvels
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 9m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

That is just amazing what you have done, a huge pat on the back mate. From converting to climate control by yourself to now this, I salute you. Top effort and I hope she drives great.

Vic

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Thanks mate, a couple of interesting projects indeed :blush:

  • Team Xtreme
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted
WOO-HOO :w00t2:

Thanks to Simon from Xtreme Ford Tuning, I now have 6 gears :spoton:

Thank you Simon, you're brilliant :spoton:  :Doh:  :spoton:

Through the intricate knowledgew of the tunes in the EDIT box, he managed to turn a switch on or off (I'm not sure), but either way, it allows the trans to change gears normally, even though it still is not entirely happy, and still flashes the PRND display on the dash.

As soon as I get the Tornado PCM, I am hoping this will all be history :blink:

well done mate, as always glad I can help. :spoton:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

You have alread got 6 gears - 5 fwd and 1 reverse :gooff:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Well, my project is slowly coming to an end.

Today I am getting the tailshaft balanced, and then I just need to replace the RCM (airbag module) and fit the Tornado PCM to get the trans to stop flashing the PRND in the dash.

Yesterday I fitted the FPV oil pressure transducer, which is different to a normal BA or BF switch, as it has the provision to hook up the electric oil pressure gauge.

Another $300 gone :kissmy: but at least the oil lamp is happy now :laughing:

Even with a vibrating tailshaft, the car is just amazing to drive, the 6 speed trans is sooo different to th old 4 speed slusher, and the way it predicts what is needed next is weird.

Further the car drives nicer as a BF than it ever did as a BA, probably due to the VCT being independent, which gives it more low down torque, so when cruising on the fwy, it is pretty effortless.

I still run the 3.45 diff, so 1st is very low, almost to the point of being useless, so I will try it for a while, but may fit the F6 2.73 diff I have sitting on my floor at home.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 23d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted (edited)

Great job, Allan.

Substantial effort that went into this, enjoy your ZF 6-speed, they are fantastic boxes! Would like to meet up with you, and have a look at your car....

I'm in Doncaster East, need an excuse to take my Tornado for a drive :) And of course I want to gawk at your dual-zone setup, I am planning the same for my UTE - would look so much nicer with my carputer than this analog-type setup my UTE came with.

If you don't mind, it would be appreciated.....if it's not possible, ok anyways.

Enjoy your car!

edit: Mmm...of course now I see you are from Perth, so I think not :) Silly me...

Edited by MrBean

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...