What Fuel Do You Use?

What Fuel do you use?  

1,366 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Banned
  • Banned
  • Member For: 11y 9m 6d

What's everyone's opinion on the 100 octane at the United??

I think it is a worth while upgrade over 98,it allows more timing or can be kept at 98 timing levels and used as a good knock factor.The car still gets 500kms to the tank even though it has 10% ethanol added which burns quicker.

• Member For: 13y 3m 8d

United 100 will return worse economy. However more agressive timing can be used and makes more power. It's is 10% ethanol.

I run it in my car and love it. Made a good difference over bp98. But definitely worse economy.

If your car is TUNED to 98 octane, do not use united 100. It will run lean.

• Banned
  • Banned
  • Member For: 11y 9m 6d

Yeah it will run a tad leaner kosij,not sure how much.

If using 100 to tune and only using 98 octane levels of timing(I know some take more than others)this is when 98 is safe to use on a 100 tune and also allows more fuel options to fill up with.the reason you would go this way is just added knock protection for a 98 octane tune.just clarifying what I meant above.

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 21d

I tried 100RON from United and found it left a lot off soot in the tail pipe tip. So I stopped using it on the suspicion it may not be so clean to use in my BA T engine that is tuned for 98RON :idunno:

I didn't really notice any power increase over BP Ultimate 98RON and the BP didn't leave noticeable soot.

• Like 1

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 14d
United 100 will run approx .6 afr leaner over a car tuned for bp98. Beware!

this...

I know Bruce leaves some room incase... as far as other tuners I wouldn't risk it as I don't know what they tune to.

I used p100 in my bf and personally found it did chew more fuel and didn't get massive gains or anything worth mentioning...(was not tuned for it)

but know of several people who have been tuned and love it.

personally I prefer to get tuned on 98..

always used bp ultimate. never had an issue and at worst case there are other places that will do a fairly ok 98... so your never left stranded.

Edited by Princess Fluffy

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 5d

Hey, whilst researching where to find E85 in Melbourne for Benfu85 - I came across this interesting Whirlpool discussion on the composition of fuel.

http://forums.whirlp...archive/1999103

I never really thought much about the additives in 98RON fuel - just "felt" that Mobil Synergy 8000 was good in the T and so was BP.

"As someone who loads and delivers fuel to the big retailers I can provide the following useful info

7-Eleven 98RON Premium Unleaded fuel is just straight 98RON ULP with no additives.

Shell V-Power, Caltex Vortex 98 and BP Ultimate are all different products because they use different additives, V-Power contains an additive called NEMO 6101, BP Ultimate contains Keropur and the Vortex 98 is a secret !

Before Mobil was taken over by 7-Eleven the Mobil 98 RON product (Synergy 8000) also contained Keropur, not sure if it was exactly the same as the BP Ultimate but it was loaded via the same loading arm at the terminal, now 7-Eleven only sell the straight 98 product without the additives.

As to which of the 98RON fuel is the best I would say this, each vehicle is different and as such I would try each one out and see what sort of fuel economy your vehicle can acheive and draw your own conclusion".

So, I had stopped buying from the place that used to be a Mobil but turned into a 7 Eleven once they took over on the suspicion that they may switch fuel suppliers at some stage (maybe their PR department should have put more thought into preserving the Mobil brand at 7 Eleven - I would of if I was in charge of 7 Eleven :facepalm: ) But having read the above - now thinking maybe I will try filling up with 98RON at 7 Eleven again for while to see what they are like :idunno:

Anyone else got an opinion on this :runaway:

Only question is how can you be sure this guy doesn't work for 7eleven.

But he is correct in saying it is best to try them all and see what works best.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RNS10S
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 10d

Filled with vortex 98 this morning as BP had no 98 in tweed heads, got 700 klms out of a full tank, wife, 3 kids and a full boot.

I have only used vortex a handfull of times but I find I get better economy compared to ultimate.

Edited by rednose