What Fuel Do You Use?

What Fuel do you use?  

1,366 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 26d

Not sure if this poll has been run before (or how many times! :blink: ), but I was just wondering what fuel you guys regularly use in your T's? The owner's manual says it runs best on 95RON PULP, but that it's also tuned to work fine on regular 91RON ULP.

For your info, I alternate between regular ULP and 95RON, depending on whether I or my wife fills it up!! :fool::blink:

I don't really see the point in using 98RON in a stock T, unless of course you've had something like an edit done with a custom tune to specifically take into account the fact that you are running 98RON fuel on a regular basis. :msm:

Also, have the recent hikes in fuel prices changed what you use at all?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 26d
always use caltex 98. that may be because I dont have to pay for my fuel.

Well, that would help - I'd do the same too if I were in your shoes!! :blink:

To be honest, I can't really tell the difference, in performance terms anyway, between 91 and 95RON fuels. It'd probably be more evident if I tweaked the car a little though.

• Site protagonist
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 17d

I always use BP Ultimate as my car is tuned to 98ron fuel and I believe this to be the best.

There is a difference with standard cars and the fuel you use. On one of the very first forum dyno days there was a large difference between cars that were using 98 and those on standard 91. My car and another members car that were both running 98 achieved 201rwkw's. The rest of the auto's were running 91 and got between 185-190rwkw's. There are a few threads on this and there is also a thread from the dyno day itself.

Geea. :blink:

• Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car
  • Member For: 20y 9m 6d

I allways use optimax and my average fuel consumption in the Boss is 21.2 L/100 :blink:

• Member For: 19y 4m 14d
I allways use optimax and my average fuel consumption in the Boss is 21.2 L/100 :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A-Ha - so I'm not alone.

But lately I've been using Ultimate. The T doesn't appear to care what flavor beer I give it, must be cause its an alcoholic.