Jump to content

Turbofalke

Member
  • Posts

    658
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Turbofalke

  1. Happy Birthday Turbofalke!

  2. Happy Birthday Turbofalke!

  3. Nice one Cro, I also have dumped the XR6T for a Passat Wagon - I could wait for the R36, but rather went for the V6 4Motion. The 3.2V6 has plenty of punch and great fun to drive - I'm sure the R36 would rock.
  4. Dito, this must be the funniest pic in the thread.
  5. Pear neckless
  6. My BA MkII T around town is always Between 20-24l/100km. Rearly make 300kms from a tank. On the freeway - comes down to about 10 - 11l/100km
  7. Yep, No chance to go gracefully now!
  8. I dont really want to buy into your bit@hfight here, but I also work in commercial construction as a head contractor PM. The avarage trademans weekly pay is about $1100 after tax (this would include working a standard Saturday at OT). The rate for say an Electrician is about $30-35/hr but allowances need to be added. I'll be charged about $80/hr by their employer to cover the costs of employment, super and thier profit. I've seen construction workers earn $100k a year plus on jobs. Fair to say that these guys have a fair deal but the work if physical, their employers need to work hard for their $ but manage to do so. My 2c Cheers
  9. Great Thread. It's interesting to see the vast array of opinions on this issue. For me - Howard has run out of time.
  10. Even after you spend a few grand on a bike, you still need to spend more to get the thing on the road. Peddles need to be added to the kit and they range from anywhere between $50 to $500. I went with Look Keo Carbon jobs, then a pair of Adidas shoes to lock it all together. As for that seat ........ you get used to it but on long rides tenderness can develop in areas not thought possible.
  11. Just in case you missed it here's a link to my new ride ← Nice one Falchoon, I had a feel of the Felt in the shop, very sweet indeed.
  12. I'm a bit chuffed with myself after testing my latest purchase - a Progear Velocita road bike. Its a full Carbon frame, forks, seat pillar running Shimano 105 gear set (everything) with R550 wheels which weighs about 8kgs. I must say I've not been riding for a while, and decided to get back into it to loose some of those tinnies which decided to hang around and built a roof over the tool shed. Its a sweet machine, very smooth and fast, but wont beat the XR off the lights If you like to ride, make a noise.
  13. This house is in Vic along the Great Ocean Road. The view over Bass Strait would be awsome.
  14. ha ha ha ha ha If I got 350kms out of a tank I'd be cheering!!! How does 250kms sound............. and about 24lt/100kms. That said - I goes hard for a stock auto with only a panel filter fitted (about 190rwkw on the dyno) Luck for me I only live 10kms from work. PS: I have raised this fuel economy issue with Ford who said everything was right with the car, "maybe somthing wrong with your foot" - It is a size 12. I dont expect Ford will solve your issue.
  15. Turbofalke

    Test Driving

    Cro, Why buy an R36 when you can buy an A3 Sportsback 3.2 Quattro. Its similar $ and would be a better drive.
  16. I thought MS pait was a crap programme! Clearly I just dont know how to use it. Check this out.
  17. 2006 Darwin Awards This will probably do the E-mail rounds, but for those that dont recieve it, here it is: It's that time again... The Darwin Awards are finally out, the annual honour given to the persons who did the gene pool the biggest service by killing themselves in the most extraordinarily stupid way. Last year's winner was the fellow who was killed by a Coke machine which toppled over on top of him as he was attempting to tip a free soda out. This year's winner was a real rocket scientist... really! And the nominees were: Semifinalist #1 A young Canadian man, searching for a way of getting drunk cheaply, because he had no money with which to buy alcohol, mixed gasoline with milk. Not surprisingly, this concoction made him ill, and he vomited into the fireplace in his house. The resulting explosion and fire burned his house down, killing both him and his sister. Semifinalist #2 Three Brazilian men were flying in a light aircraft at low altitude when another plane approached. It appears that they decided to moon the occupants of the other plane, but lost control of their own aircraft and crashed. They were all found dead in the wreckage with their pants around their ankles. Semifinalist #3 A 22-year-old Reston, VA, man was found dead after he tried to use octopus straps to bungee jump off a 70-foot rail road trestle. Fairfax County police said Eric Barcia, a fast food worker, taped a bunch of these straps together, wrapped an end around one foot, anchored the other end to the trestle at Lake Accotink Park, jumped and hit the pavement. Warren Carmichael, a police spokesman, said investigators think Barcia was alone because his car was found nearby. "The length of the cord that he had assembled was greater than the distance between the trestle and the ground," Carmichael said. Police say the apparent cause of death was "Major trauma." Semifinalist #4 A man in Alabama died from rattlesnake bites. It seems that he and a friend were playing a game of catch, using the rattlesnake as a ball. The friend - no doubt a future Darwin Awards candidate - was hospitalized. Semifinalist #5 Employees in a medium-sized warehouse in west Texas noticed the smell of a gas leak. Sensibly, management evacuated the building extinguishing all potential sources of ignition; lights, power, etc. After the building had been evacuated, two technicians from the gas company were dispatched. Upon entering the building, they found they had difficulty navigating in the dark. To their frustration, none of the lights worked. Witnesses later described the sight of one of the technicians reaching into his pocket and retrieving an object that resembled a cigarette lighter. Upon operation of the lighter-like object, the gas in the warehouse exploded, sending pieces of it up to three miles away. Nothing was found of the technicians, but the lighter was virtually untouched by the explosion. The technician suspected of causing the blast had never been thought of as ''bright'' by his peers. Winner Now ladies and gentleman, the winner of this year's Darwin Award: The Arizona Highway Patrol came upon a pile of smouldering metal embedded in the side of a cliff rising above the road at the apex of a curve. The wreckage resembled the site of an airplane crash, but it was a car. The type of car was unidentifiable at the scene. Police investigators finally pieced together the mystery. An amateur rocket scientist had somehow gotten hold of a JATO unit (Jet Assisted Take Off, actually a solid fuel rocket) that is used to give heavy military transport planes an extra "push" for taking off from short airfields. He had driven his Chevy Impala out into the desert and found a long, straight stretch of road. He attached the JATO unit to the car, jumped in, got up some speed and fired off the JATO! The facts as best as could be determined are that the operator of the 1967 Impala hit the JATO ignition at a distance of approximately 3.0 miles from the crash site. This was established by the scorched and melted asphalt at that location. The JATO, if operating properly, would have reached maximum thrust within 5 seconds, causing the Chevy to reach speeds well in excess of 350 mph and continuing at full power for an additional 20-25 seconds. The driver, and soon to be pilot, would have experienced G-forces usually reserved for dog fighting F-14 jocks under full afterburners, causing him to become irrelevant for the remainder of the event. However, the automobile remained on the straight highway for about 2.5 miles (15-20 seconds) before the driver applied and completely melted the brake, blowing the tires and leaving thick rubber marks on the road surface, then becoming airborne for an additional 1.4 miles and impacting the cliff face at a height of 125 feet leaving a blackened crater 3 feet deep in the rock. Most of the driver's remains were not recoverable. However, small fragments of bone, teeth and hair were extracted from the crater, and fingernail and bone shards were removed from a piece of debris believed to be a portion of the steering wheel. Epilogue: It has been calculated that this moron attained a ground speed of approximately 420-mph , though much of his voyage was not on the ground.
  18. I visited my local dealer at lunch. It apparently is not warranty (clearly consistency amoung dealers is not evident). Never the less they did fix it at no cost (only the one window) so I cant complain about that! The product Ford uses is "GE Viscasil" which is a silicone lube which is resistant to water. Standard Silicone lubes will not last as long (allegedly) If you want to but a small bottle of the stuff, it'll cost you - $58..... It must be made by one legged virgins in the deep forests of Tunisia from the rear and endangered Viscasil beetle. BTW Window up time now improved from 7.5secs to 2.5secs
  19. Thanks for the tips, Silicon most likely will not effect the tint film, the dirt and grit built up would do more damage.
  20. It's been annoying me for a while, my drivers side window is becoming slow to travel up and down, so much so that I timed it. It takes 7.5 secs to close for fully open. The passenger window takes 4secs. Its not that it doesn't work, just slow as a wet week to close. Has anybody else had this issue and had it fixed under warrantee? I think fords are notorious for this problem.
  21. I purchased a XR6T MkII with the lux pac Nov 04' with other options $55k on road, now I'd be luke to get $35k for it, I figure at the 3 year mark it would only be worth 50% original value if I'm lucky. Options on cars never helps the resale value. That said, the XR6T with the lux pac is the great setup.
  22. Buy RM Williams, they are better anyway!
  23. Can anybody recommend to me a good suspension specialist in the melbourne metro area, its time to lower the beast. Thanks for your help.
  24. I only use 98, and V-power Racing 100 when I can find it. why? because when you get 23lt/100kms like me, who gives a F@#K about the $$!
  25. It sounds about right to me. Dont forget it was about $55k on road and its only got 20k on the dial. Its a bargin!!!!!
×
×
  • Create New...