What Fuel Do You Use?

What Fuel do you use?  

1,366 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 9m 1d
I tend to use the plain old 91 Ron, before everyone shudders with disgust I have tried the higher octane fuels and got no more L/100K and got no more preformance... So I now just use the cheaper of the options, and know that I'll be selling the car in about 3 years time anyway...

Have a mate that was not happy with the performance of his T. His car had some ignition issues and fluctuating perfomance. He was also running 91RON because it seemed to make no difference.

On the dyno it only made 165RWKW. With higher octane fuel and the ignition issues sorted, the car made nearly 200RWKW before the edit went in.

The point I'm trying to make is, if the car runs the same on 91RON and 98RON, the you may have some issues with it. Worth checking out.

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 18d

I forgot to mention that I run Optimax most of the time, and when I can't get it I run Shell 95 Premium.

Only had to put unleaded in one tank, when the Optimax shortage was about last year.

• Member For: 18y 10m 15d

I use Vortex (95 RON) about 80% of the time with the odd splash of Optimax. I bought my T second hand in Melbourne and drove it back to Canberra (via Ballarat and Bendigo). As a trial I filled once (about 60 litres) with 91 RON and I must say that I couldn't pick the difference, it still bolted when I sunk the boot to overtake. The only reason I fill with 95 RON now is because:

a. Ford recommends it

b. I get sucked in by marketing that says it keeps the fuel system clean

c. At 4-7 cpl more than 91 RON it isn't that much more

d. Another 5-10 cpl on top of that for 98 RON is getting a bit rich and I don't notice any benefit in performance / economy.

In Canberra I averaged 11.7 l/100 but now I'm up in Sydney it's 12.8 l/100. That said I'm fairly careful with the acceleration / braking and I probably don't boot it half as much as I should considering it's potential.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 10m 14d

I used to use Shell Optimax until I got a bad batch of it not so long ago!! It blew white smoke when givin a full throttle 'lets just say that Blown Ba car was covered in a cloud of white smoke at the last cruise' :stirthepot::spoton:

Now I use BP Ultimate and very happy with it.

Cruising 8ltrs per 100km

Around town 12.5ltrs per 100km

that's with the Edit :laughing:

Aly <_<

• Logsie
  • Member For: 19y 16d
I used to use Shell Optimax until I got a bad batch of it not so long ago!! It blew white smoke when givin a full throttle 'lets just say that Blown Ba car was covered in a cloud of white smoke at the last cruise'  :stirthepot:  :3gears:

Cruising 8ltrs per 100km

that's with the Edit  :laughing:

Aly  <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice figures

I run optimax always have tried the others didnt notice as much kick

But only get around 14-15 in the city and only done one high run so far and got 10.1 will be testing more when I go down to tassie in august for honeymoon :spoton:

• Member For: 19y 11m
I used to use Shell Optimax until I got a bad batch of it not so long ago!! It blew white smoke when givin a full throttle 'lets just say that Blown Ba car was covered in a cloud of white smoke at the last cruise'  :stirthepot:  :nono:

Cruising 8ltrs per 100km

that's with the Edit  :laughing:

Aly  <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice figures

I run optimax always have tried the others didnt notice as much kick

But only get around 14-15 in the city and only done one high run so far and got 10.1 will be testing more when I go down to tassie in august for honeymoon :3gears:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

testing the car I assume :spoton:

• 3 months later...
  • The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 5m 16d

Hi All,

Curious to know what fuel you use on a daily basis. Do you fill up with 98 RON all the time? Do you use certain brands? Have you been told to use certain products and or brands in your vehicle?

Keen to know!