What Fuel Do You Use?

What Fuel do you use?  

1,366 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 19y 6m 7d

BP Ultimate or Mobil Synergy 8000 here. Don't like optimax as I've heard its only 96RON now, and the car always seems to run crap when I use it. Yet to try Vortex 98...

Chris :gooff:

• Benzene
  • Member For: 19y 10m 16d

Does anyone find that some fuels spit a bit of crap out onto the bumper and some dont or some are worse than others??

Im actually running some different fuel tests atm, I'll let you know how I go

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m

In have always used optimax,but lately I have used BP Ultimate and have found it to be better.I no what you meen about the black arse I am for ever cleaning that black shooty sh*t in optimax off my nice and shiny APS exhaust MmmmmmAPS exhaust :pinch: I get 10.8L/100

JET.

• The 'nice guy'
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 16d

Funny, I was reading a bunch of forum links elsewhere on exactly this subject a couple of days back.

The concensus, for what it's worth, was that most critisice Shell's Optimax - which I've always used with the T. Main critisicm was that they all beleived Optimax was not a 'refined' 98RON but rather had additives to acheive this number - the point being they all said that it was the most variable RON and that the extra additives including whatever boosted the Research Octane Number sort of evaporated easily and quickly, perhaps even whilst sitting in your tank.

Most prefer any other 98RON.

Apparently, and the Caltex website *seems* to back this up, their Vortex 98 (not Vortex that's just 95RON) is a minimum 98RON wheras all others are an average 98RON.

The usual experts on the other forums claimed they knew this to be a fact as well.

Anyway, was 2K's from dry and filled to the brim with Caltex Vortex 98 and subjectively I felt it might, maybe, be better. Sure cost a lot more. :pinch:

• Member For: 19y 26d
Funny, I was reading a bunch of forum links elsewhere on exactly this subject a couple of days back.

The concensus, for what it's worth, was that most critisice Shell's Optimax - which I've always used with the T.  Main critisicm was that they all beleived Optimax was not a 'refined' 98RON but rather had additives to acheive this number - the point being they all said that it was the most variable RON and that the extra additives including whatever boosted the Research Octane Number sort of evaporated easily and quickly, perhaps even whilst sitting in your tank.

Most prefer any other 98RON.

Apparently, and the Caltex website *seems* to back this up, their Vortex 98 (not Vortex that's just 95RON) is a minimum 98RON wheras all others are an average 98RON.

The usual experts on the other forums claimed they knew this to be a fact as well.

Anyway, was 2K's from dry and filled to the brim with Caltex Vortex 98 and subjectively I felt it might, maybe, be better.  Sure cost a lot more.  :pinch:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep I used optimax till my next fill up going to bp I think and I only average 300klm to a tank :fool: