Vic Spotted & Chat Thread

geea

• Playing with Sports Bikes...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m 29d
how about feb 26th

Sounds good to me... now just need to organise the route to take...

Where shall we meet/start it from?

Jack :wasklywabbit:

• Site protagonist
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 16d

26th sounds good. I'd suggest 11-11.30 somewhere in Sth Melb close to the Freeway with good parking.

Geea. :wasklywabbit:

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 2d

How far is it to Mt Buller for you Melbourne guys?

A run up the mountain would be a good drive with no chance of getting lost.

• Seriously Flukey Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 6d
How far is it to Mt Buller for you Melbourne guys?

A run up the mountain would be a good drive with no chance of getting lost.

Its a fair drive for the day. Black spur we could easily do.

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 22d

I like both ideas so far. A short cruise through Melbourne beach to bush and a longer one dayer to a nearby (nominally 250km) mountain.

I also like the idea of a run up to Mt Buller or similar. From memory, Mt Baw Baw or Mt St Gwinear is also a good run. I think Mt St Gwinear (sister mountain to Mt Baw Baw) is still partly dirt but not boulder/rut strewn like the run up Mt Stirling (sister mountain to Mt Buller - someone correct me though as I've not been up Mt Stirling for a few years). I quite like driving on dirt roads as it causes you to manage the car more carefully. Like, I don't drive up Mt Stirling like I would through the Black Spur (which is a well maintained sealed road).

Talking about BlackSpur, the run up to Lake Mountain is not bad - close to Melbourne, will take us through the Black Spur and also up some twisty bits on a sealed road up to Lake Mountain where they have BBQ facilities. But I think they charge a resort entrance fee of $8 or similar even during the non-snow season. Come to think about it, I think the other ski resorts mentioned above also charge a nominal entrance fee in the off-season (once again, someone correct me if they know the truth).

Having said all the above, I'm in for a Sunday Feb 26 beach to bush day-time cruise in Melbourne - EvilDaifu BF XR6T

• In Your Face
  • Member For: 21y 1m 19d
26th sounds good. I'd suggest 11-11.30 somewhere in Sth Melb close to the Freeway with good parking.

Geea. :wytpgar:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you guys know there is a FPV Show day on the 26th :wytpgar:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 3m 7d
Im a member of another 3 Ford clubs which I run there Vic cruises with great success. I put up the same cruise details every month here but only get 4-5 cars from this site! Dont know why? maybe the T boys dont like going on cruises? I dont care what the reason is, but I love them and its a great way to meet new members/people and have a awesome day!

The Grampians is a great idea Gary, but it may be a little to far away just on one day. A weekend cruise there might be a better option.

Rob...

Rob , just my 2 cents very hard to convince the woman to stay in the car for 200k`s up and 200k`s back. Maybe some thing not as far eg Emerald or even otherside of town you may have more takers.

I like the idea of going somewhere where we can order good food mingle and have a few drinks.And not be botherd by flies. With a big car park.

Thinking about it further, as Rob said, the Grampians National Park would be good for a 2 day cruise (Saturday/Sunday) with an over-night stay at Halls Gap.

Having said that, I'd be keen for something shorter too like a street cruise around Melbourne.  I'd prefer to to do it during the day rather than at night - for the visual experience.  And I would not mind doing a beach (assemble at Sandringham Beach to cruise down to Beaconsfield Parade) to bush (then double back to St Kilda Beach and head along Dandenong Rd left up Chapel St turn right into Toorak Rd come Burwood Highway out to Mt Dandenong) cruise.  Maybe finish off with Devonshire Tea in Mt Dandenong before we all head off home our own way?

Personally, doing this on a Sunday is my preference.  There's lots of parking out Sandringham Beach way to assemble together.  Our only other stop is at Mt Dandenong where we should be able to all park outside one of the Devonshire Tea places. 

Anyone interested?  And if so, what date?

I like the idea of a day cruise too. A sort cruise that would only last 2-3 hours would probably get a good sized crowd. I think on a Sunday with people meeting 1130ish and cruising somewhere to have a late, light lunch would be good.

I trhink a central meeting point and similar ending would be good as we have people from all over the metro area that might want to attend.

Geea. :wytpgar:

I luv it, trust the stangster to point you guys in the right direction, hey evil Devonshire tea huh and scones you been chatting to my missus I see. You guys can drink your tea I want my coffee.(let the girls know if they come there are some jewellery,candy botique shops at emearld).

Oh assembly at elwood would be a little better but doesnt stress me more for the guys coming from the other side of the city.

Feb 26 sounds good to me