newxr Member 279 Member For: 22y 5m 16d Posted 22/04/05 01:15 AM Posted 22/04/05 01:15 AM Well here is the deal - Two drivers - both over 40!!!Good Driving Record - Rating 1Regional City - NSWXR6 N/A (NOT TURBO)Currently paying - $840/yrI asked what if I added Extractors/Cat/Exhaust Answer: NO COVER!!!!!Next Cheapest - $1200!! (Only if I have them fitted by ford dealer)Please help!
Geeseman Legacy Donating Member 1,805 Member For: 22y 11m 4d Location: Sydney Posted 22/04/05 01:21 AM Posted 22/04/05 01:21 AM Who is your insurer?Trying ringing again and speaking to some other operator. AAMI dont have an issue with exhaust mods for example
newxr Member 279 Member For: 22y 5m 16d Posted 22/04/05 01:22 AM Author Posted 22/04/05 01:22 AM Who is your insurer?Trying ringing again and speaking to some other operator. AAMI dont have an issue with exhaust mods for example<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Already spoke to manager - NO GOAAMI - quote: $1600
C.S.I Member 651 Member For: 21y 9m 15d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 22/04/05 02:40 AM Posted 22/04/05 02:40 AM Geez, My T sedan is insured with AAMI, $840 and that's for business use as well :rain: Although I have to ring them today about my Edit Same age/rating/location as you.
TurboDewd FG Falcon fan! Member 1,452 Member For: 23y 2m 25d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 22/04/05 02:50 AM Posted 22/04/05 02:50 AM Odd.I am with AAMI and have written approval for my Unichip. AAMI do allow mods, Im not sure whats going wrong. I emailed them for the approval and it went thru fine.
fraggle Yes I am too tall for my hair Member 261 Member For: 22y Location: Launceston Tasmania. Posted 22/04/05 02:54 AM Posted 22/04/05 02:54 AM AAMI 30 years old Rating one for life $387.00 a year I think some one made a boo boo and its not me
harlee Member 29 Member For: 22y 1m 6d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 22/04/05 03:09 AM Posted 22/04/05 03:09 AM I'm 46 in canberra with a 5 month old BA XR8 insured with nrma.Costs $820 a year for $50,000, just put 18" wheels on - no change to policy,asked about CAI and any type of exhaust and they said no worries, no price change , just let us know if and when you do it and they will update policy
Bain Member 827 Member For: 21y 7m 2d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 22/04/05 03:12 AM Posted 22/04/05 03:12 AM The key to getting it written on your contracts is not to tell them you are 'upgrading'Tell them you are replacing the exhaust system as there was hole/dead catalyst etc etc..They will then add the make and model of the exhaust/extractors
gogo Member of team Kittens Member 609 Member For: 22y 7m 8d Location: Melbourne Posted 22/04/05 04:20 AM Posted 22/04/05 04:20 AM I have just been through this with AAMI.Have an APS phase II - no problems with this in the end but it took a little gentle pushing.33yo driver - rating 1 - melb SE suburbs $720/annum with modsWith AAMI I understand it all comes down to how they list the mods as to what impact it will have on price and whether they will insure the vehicle.They (AAMI) have as I understand it, a number of standard mods which do include exhaust and computer chip amoungst others. The people you speak to in my experience do not have much (or any) technical knowledge. Perhaps try and ask what mods they do allow - sometimes the langauge they use to describe a mod in their system will be different to the manner you decribe a mod, and they will not realise even though it means the same thing. They can add additional comment in a 'comments' field which can be a means of covering yourself. I have the main mods listed and in comments it reads 'APS Phase II kit fitted... ' plus other relevant details on my new policy schedule.Good Luck!!G O
Geeseman Legacy Donating Member 1,805 Member For: 22y 11m 4d Location: Sydney Posted 22/04/05 05:58 AM Posted 22/04/05 05:58 AM Something is really wrong with your quote. have you had 5 accidents in the last week? You'd have to with that quote and refusal on the exhaust. Just ring them again and get another operator.Even do it on the website.AAMI will cover most mods for the T at least until you start talking intercooler and above
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now