Jump to content

Bain

Member
  • Posts

    827
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Bain

  1. delete your temp internet files, the files you have downloaded (of the gear changes) and then attempt to download the video again.
  2. Was going to black the tyres, but was told they attract more crap so didn't do it this time..... have already decided to next wash. Nick <{POST_SNAPBACK}> I shall suggest this top product. http://www.meguiars.com/?tire-care/Gold-Cl...ance-High-Gloss
  3. I agree.. With huge amounts of power, theres no point in fast shifting the gears if all you are going to get is wheel spin.. If the ripshifter helps reduce the throw and gear change time without having to really force the stick into position then its a worthy investment!
  4. nice gear changes.. a little to brutel for my liking though.. hehe heres my attempt from ages ago. QtrMilerun Gear changes
  5. Heres a quick chop (im at work atm) 1st one is those rims as best I could get them 2nd one is the rims + a inch of so in lowering.. (I prefer 2nd pic)
  6. you look very energetic in your apparel :snicker: - Is that the company you work for? Nice car mate, get some tyre black for those wheels though! Would make a world of difference to your pics.
  7. Bain

    Xr6t Mods

    5k to spend? Heres what id do. Edit + custom tune = 230 - 250rwkw's (plenty of poke and hopefully no issues) - $1500 Upgrade front and rear sway bars - try and get adjustable = $500 - $700 Kings Lows front and SSL rears + koni sports shocks = $800 - $1200 Aftermarket tyres: Goodyear Eagle D1 GS3's - great in both wet and dry, for a relatively cheap tyre. = $1000 - $1200 or Dont get the tyres and get a PBR upgrade for your brakes. You should have a top handling car with plenty of poke.
  8. Post up a side shot of your car and ill photochop the wheels on for you.
  9. 350km - 380km around town. When I fill up it says 430, I usually fill up with 40km to go on the clock. highway 650km
  10. Bain

    Xr6t Mods

    It all comes down to budget. How much do you want to spend? Most people go the CAPA Edit now for ease of use. $995 - Highly recommended by most on the forums to get a custom tune. ($200 - $500) Handling: Lovells, King Springs, Whiteline.. Varies from $300 (springs only) - $3000 (coilovers) Exhaust - if you want more bark, change out the centre muffler for 2 hotdogs and get twin stainless steel tips put on - $300
  11. I see Those are just a few shots I took on the way over to a mates place I havent edited the pics, just resized them. If I were to touch them up a bit, id do just what you were talking about. Im still learning photography, its something you can add a personal touch too.
  12. a few nice pics. I like the picture across the boot.. If only you could have got your car a little less blurry.. I would have gone with the 1/3 approach and made the F6 part of the picture, rather than the whole shot.. Kind of like this:
  13. Bain

    Dirty Xr6t Owner

    But you stated earlier you plan to leave out front of the dealership each day during the day when you go to work???? Can't be needed that much!!!! ROFL <{POST_SNAPBACK}> I have more than 1 means of transport.. The fact is I bought this car as a 'reliable' means of transport for everyday work. *edit: XXXR6T - I wasnt taking it out on you - shouldnt have called you an idiot - was just before bed.. hahah I was trying to point out you shouldnt be calling the guy an idiot for wanting something done about his car.. Obviously he thinks that's the only way something will be done about it.
  14. Bain

    Dirty Xr6t Owner

    I see.. and im sure you know exactly whats happened to this guys car. My car has been in an out of ford servicing for the past 8 months.. If you add up the time its spent in their workshops and panel shops its over a month! (2 weeks in the spray shop alone!) A few serious issues to name a few. Diff leaks (twice) (replaced the top seal the first time, the entire assembly the next) Drivetrain seals busted (after putting in the 'new' diff) Rust in the doors, back panel, rear boot seals (2 weeks in the paint shop) TO add to the list, a nice pool of oil from the front of the car sitting on my garage floor (current) Fix under warranty.. Sure that's all well and good.. but why the fuzz is this getting through QA in the first place... Now im someone who needs there car 24/7.. Not 5 hours here, 2 days there.. So dont comment on sh*t you know nothing about as it makes you look like the 'idiot'..
  15. Bain

    Dirty Xr6t Owner

    ive already quoted up something similar for my car. The plan is, if I dont have everything fixed on it I will park it out the front of the dealership I bought it off everyday I work. 7.30am - 5.30pm mon - sat..
  16. ive got a blue interior light.. reminds me of the no shoot up places (like toilets and buses)
  17. Bain

    Service Visits

    15 times.. and ive just found out ive got oil leaking from somewhere. Lemon laws.. we dont have any in Australia.. Only in the US of A May 05 build.. 18k kms on the clock.
  18. Too much writing on the back of your car now. Id remove the side XR6 badges and put a sticker on each side.
  19. Howdy All, Just wondering if anyone knows some international wheel/rim websites that ship to Australia. Theres a specific type of rim im after made by a company called ACE Alloys... (havent found a place that sells the brand here in Aus) ACE Alloy Wheels Ive emailed the company in the hope ill get a reply saying theres a distributor here in Aus.. but im not holding my breath. Thanks in advance!
  20. Bain

    Nankangs

    You spend a good amount of money on a a diamond (your GT) to wrap it in a used condom. DO the right thing and put some decent rubber on your vehicle..
  21. I will be in for this one. that's just after tax time, so I can get my Edit done! (dependant on price of course)
  22. Nah, I doubt it. The P plate is in the pic with the proper rims on it.. Top corner on drivers side.
  23. heres the pic of it at the Autosalon. Click this link if image doesnt work It gets my respect for the custom work involved in widebody modifications. Pity the powerhouse under the hood is... stock.
  24. Ive tried a few places in regards to different spoked rims.. Unfortunately all I get is the rims with spokes curving out then in ) <-- like that instead of ( <--- like that. Ive seen a few different rims, they are all 5 stud (great!) but are 120 instead of 114.3. See below for the style im talking about.
  25. Hi all, Does anyone know of any mag wheel brands that make rims like the BMW M7 rim? I guess its more like a 'bowl style' (from edge of rim in) TIA, Bain
×
×
  • Create New...