-
Posts
827 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Bain
-
They are the Breyton Vision rim that I wanted for my car, but they are only available in 120 PCD. (Commo and Euro cars) Theres also a Breyton Vision II (set deeper into the rim) and looks even hotter! The car is actually lowered already But depending on how much the car raises, I will most likely lower it again.
-
Stock rims are fine, but they look to small for the size of the car. If I could have got them in 19's I would have. As for the spoiler, the car looks lower without the spoiler.. The holes are only taped over, so I can put the wing back on when I get sick of the current look.
-
Howdy All, After much internal debate about getting an edit or rims for my car, the choice was made easier (apart from all the mechanical issues ive had) the other day when I blew a tyre going out to watch the drags at Heathcote. Seeing as all my tyres had at the most 20% tread it was time to source some nice 19's.. Well I found them. Some of you may have seen a few recent threads of mine asking if anyone knew of some rims that curved in like a bowl. The only ones that matched fit Expensive Daewoo and Euro cars (BMW etc etc) Then I came across Advanti Babbina's in the Advanti rim brochure. I rang a few places to find out a cost, they ranged from $360 - $450 a rim. - I managed to find the distributor for Advanti in Melbourne and went to them in the hopes I could get them cheaper, but they dont sell to the public. - I also took a few pics of them up against the car.. and a little disheartened off to work I went. Lunch time comes and I decide, stuff it ill try 1 more store (these guys are in Sydney) " Ahh yeah Hi, my names Milton just wondering if you have any 19" Advanti Babbina rims in stock to suite a 2005 Ford BA XR6 "Yeah we have those in the warehouse. "How much are they each?" I asked the guy. "$285 a rim" "........ that price is for 19" Advanti Babbina's right?" "Sure is, we are selling them at the moment for trade price as we need to clear the warehouse for stock take" So I promptly ordered them with some Hankook Ventus (245/35/R19) wrapped around them. Heres what they look like on my car (some chops I did). Some people may not like them.. But who cares! Total cost + Courier: $2315 (pretty good I think for quality rims - Advanti - and semi decent tyres)
-
Xr6 Turbo Cruise #2 30th April - Yarra Rangers
Bain replied to Mr Turbo's topic in Southern States (VIC, SA, TAS)
Im a 'should be there' -
20 cents The place you went to must have just been refilled from the depot.
-
Youve done a good job at making a nice car look horrible.
-
They look great!! But are a pain in the ass to keep clean. Over time they will turn a dirty grey colour from brake dust, dirt and general road grime. Not to mention tar spots all over them.. Also, you need to clean the inside of the rim (behind spokes) to keep the look good.
-
Howdy All, Awhile ago I post up about a certain style of rim I would like to buy. Unfortunately they only come in 120/5 PCD (Commo and BMW).. As you know the Ford has 114.3/5 PCD setting. Is it possible to change the hub over to 120?
-
Tea Tree oil. $3 a bottle from any supermarket.. Dab on, leave for a few seconds and then wipe off. Wont harm your paint or clear coat either.
-
Well that's not exactly true, in fact far from it. I had the reverse sensors fitted to mine by the dealer and was a little concerned of how they were going to match them with the rear bumper. They say its easier than metallic. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Fair enough, im going off what a panel shop told my mate when he had someone take out the side of his CRX. They had to respray the entire side of the vehicle to get the chomoflare to blend properly.
-
Go back and speak to the guys, they have a satisfaction guarantee or some crap.. You arent satisified so get the refund. If not, just mention you will be going to the Dept Fair Trading. The whole point in paying Professionals to do things is that you get a professional and satisfactory job done.. Youve obviously had neither happen...
-
well done mate. I hope you have a big wallet because you cant respray/touchup fantasy (or any chromoflare paint) if you get a dent or scratch on the car! Ive got some pictures of one from the Motorshow. It looks nice.
-
Any chance of getting some decent pics of it with the new rims? The ones posted are rather crumby..
-
If you can wait till next weekend ill give you a hand - for free This weekend is rather busy. Tonight Lowered Spring install for Magna Haircut + Wedding Saturday Heathcote Sunday Send me a message if you want to arrange a time Im over in Edithvale, but I dont mind driving as I get to play in my car.
-
MKII apparently got a stiffer suspension setup? MKII are missing 2 air vents in the front of the car - where the silver trim is.. (found this out by looking at my g/f's dad MKI) - See below my missing air vents..
-
They could overide your edited tune, but I dont think they could put back your tune.
-
mmm yes please..
-
howdy all, Was nice to meet some of you guys (those I met) I bailed at the Caulfield meet point. Im not much of a city driver (get very impatient/angry when im in peak hour style traffic) If the next cruise is out in some twisties where my car can exceed 100km/h ill see you there! (Black Spurs if anyone is up for it) P.S - Nice pics guys! *edit - Very well organised route Gary - top job*
-
I would suggest turning down the street just before the side street and coming in the side entry. Even the 2nd driveway along that sidestreet is pretty nasty. I have Lows and SSL's and only just make it up there.
-
Top video mate, I have posted your link on 2 other forums I frequent.. Only criticism I have: Blend the song a bit more into the background so we can hear those sweet T sounds..
-
Im sure you could. But he picked up the chip for $400.. Custom tune of a couple hundred and he will almost net the same result as the edit, for about $500 cheaper! Good on him for modding in the first place! <{POST_SNAPBACK}> How do figure $500 cheaper? Cappa flash with genric tune will match the Custom APS tune. Rob <{POST_SNAPBACK}> They might match it, but they arent necessarily safe or 'complete'
-
Im sure you could. But he picked up the chip for $400.. Custom tune of a couple hundred and he will almost net the same result as the edit, for about $500 cheaper! Good on him for modding in the first place!
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.