-
Posts
827 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Bain
-
Those are the rims im getting for my car in the new year
-
hmm interesting.. According to 'the other forums' its the other way round.
-
Sounds like your pressure in the tyre was/is too high. Or it was an enormous pothole. (theres also more weight in the front end of the car, hence why your rear wheel isnt buckled) As for getting money out of a council. Good luck with that. There has to be a written complaint about the pothole before you can claim any damages to your car. So if no ones complained about it, then nothing can be done. You could get the rim shaped for about $120 I think.
-
If it was rattling at idle its probably the heatshield that runs all the way along the tunnel. Ive had my car into Ford service 3 times for the heat shield coming loose and rattling.
-
How about your name.. Or your nickname?
-
Maybe you could donate it to one of the Cronulla youth and they could put it to good use by throwing it at "a person of middle eastern appearance". As least the lakemba boys will take it home for a trophie.
-
Well hes dead now.. (unless something happened?) The world moves on at a furious pace. Good riddance to scum..
-
That clip is wrong in so many ways. Id love to have 'random shots' at those inside the car...
-
looks good... I think.. Can you take a pic of the whole car and post it up.. Im wanting to get one, but I cant decide...
-
Might want to re think that. After telling my insurance company about my tint. The chick on the phone asked "Are your windows 35% tint?" I said "Front windows 35% and rears are 20%" She said that's ok as 20% tint voids your insurance as the car is no longer roadworthy. I guess alot of people dont really care and get the 20% tint on the front aswell. But ill be stuffed if im going to be paying $1000 a year just so they can void the warranty if I have an accident.
-
another nice chop. pimpin.bmp
-
-
Exactly, they are also lighter and have less drivetrain loss. The 380 would outgun a NA XR6 or XT without even having to try.. I like the car, if it was lowered. As for quality.. If that was the only selling point on a car, id take mitsu over a ford or Expensive Daewoo any day of the week. Also, for those "Its a FWD" people.. You guys really need to look into how FWD cars handle through twisties.. Its not ALL about a 400 metre straight line. I would bet if they 380 VRX or GT went up against a XR6 NA through some twisties it would be neck and neck.. Maybe the 380 would come out on top as it has more power at the wheels and a better ability to go through corners (being FWD) I hope its a huge success for Mitsu as around 5000 jobs around Australia rely on that company.
-
ahahaha The roll of the eyes was approval! It means do it again! do it again! ... at least I think it does...
-
rims... The ride height is damn nice though..
-
Looks good! 18's or 19's?
-
Anyone Interested In Skid Pan This Saturday
Bain replied to lightning_strike's topic in Southern States (VIC, SA, TAS)
mm looks like a fun day out. I had plans on the saturday so couldnt join in. -
Check your tyre pressure first. Go with 38 or 40 front and 38 rear. (if running 17inch) If that's not the problem, get it out into a car park where the road is flat and drive it without your hands on the wheel. (Normal roads have a slight banking to help with rain runoff - hence a slight pull to the right)
-
I do alot of hills runs (lots of twisties) and visit the Great Ocean Road every couple of weeks (we have friends down that way) and hence the tyres get worn pretty quick. Maybe 18" is the better option. Then I can compromise on getting the edit a little earlier..
-
hmmm.. this could be a problem. My reasoning for the 19's is that because I know they are a more expensive tyre, I wont be doing as many hills runs and general hoonery (on private roads blah blah).. 17" tyres are just so cheap (250 a pop) that I dont really think about it when I accidently launch my car at 4grand.. Yeah that's the other thing, seeing as FORD have a general quality issue with their products I dont particularly wish to void the warranty just yet.
-
Dont know if this is a repost. But I saw on TV the other night that Shell will be selling 100 RON fuel at the bowser's soon. It uses 5% Ethanol to achieve the extra 2 RON. Now some people have said that Ethanol is bad for your car. I can see how its bad in older engines, but with the engines of today are being built to use up to 10% ethanol in them. Whats everyones thoughts on this?
-
Well im coming up to my 15,000km service and Ive got 2 choices.. 19" rims + tyres or EDIT.. Im swaying towards the rims and tyres from a practicality and looks side of things (my tyres are worn out basically). Yet I really want more power. Unfortunately I cant get both... So one has to wait till June next year (tax time) What would you chose, considering the tyres only have about 20% tread left on them (yes they have been rotated) or maybe there is no real choice in the matter... If you went with rims, what do you think would look good on a winter white sedan with 20% all round tint? Dish? No dish?
-
Ill take a 34 Ford roadster (restored to my specs) as my weekend car and a Bugatti 16.4 Veyron AWD (1001 horsepower, or 736kW @ 6000rpm)
-
Have you changed the hose clamp for a heavy duty one? That one's really easy to do/access, so if you haven't yet the sooner the better. Just as a comparison, when mine popped off there was no boubting what had happened - LOTS of noise as it let go under boost! <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Yep, ive replaced all clamps with heavy duty ones. The pipe in question has 2 on it just to be sure. Apparently theres one down behind the turbo that I havent done yet. (havent got under the car yet to look)
-
But isnt the point of drag racing is to better your own times? So what if hes running 18 second 1/4 miles. Big deal about having to wait a whole 4 seconds longer at the staging lights. I say good on em for getting off the streets to race. Some people can afford big flash and fast cars (XR6T's) while others have to earn their money the hard way and dont have mummies and daddies who can just buy them a car because they turned 18. Encouragement is the key. If only they would lower the price to drag race, more P platers would be at the track. O and its about time the cops did something like this. Hopefully its not some 2 month fad.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.