Jump to content

FordMember1559

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    148
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by FordMember1559

  1. Here is some more reading for you Lots of users have been experiencing the lurch or shunt issue. I complained for months before I managed to get them to fix mine. Just keep at them
  2. They finally got sick of me complaining as well. Had mine done on Friday and so far so good and the changes just feel firmer. Only got one last item to knock off my list, need to put one weekend aside and address the damm creaks and rattles on the doors.
  3. that's not entirely correct $20 million of our taxpayers monies went into keeping the Ford Geelong foundry open of which they sepnt a few thousand on the lawns to make it look pretty and the rest went to head office in the USA. Zero dollars were invested back into that foundry. To add more frustration that foundary with the help of our Rango they took the work off an exsisting local foundry to keep this site running, more aussie jobs down the drain. I'll get off my soap box now but it angers me how this government continues the waste and spin.
  4. No not at all, I'm not an employee and have no preferences just stating facts. PBR set an extremely high metal spec on their rotors to retain the Expensive Daewoo business.
  5. Guys just a bit of background info that may assist regarding the rotors as I do some work for an Australian foundary (Intercast) Firstly the DBA's are made by Ajax foundary in NSW and not having a direct shot at them but the metal spec used on the dba's is quite ordinary. Intercast make all the rotors for PBR and Toyota and particularly the PBR rotors have an extremely high metal spec meaning that they are made to last so much so that recently they went out to the world market to resource and no one could met their specs.
  6. Have a look at Whirlpool will help you sift thru the various plans
  7. The only problem is removing those sh*tty hose clamps like this one, no head and there isn't much room when you go to do the one on the throttle body !!!
  8. PM sent
  9. Sent PM
  10. I installed Polyair's on my FG sedan when I lowered it. Main reason is I tow a boat and I'd have issues reversing the boat up the driveway, and the car sits so much better on the road while towing.
  11. I just did a measurement 345mm from the inside of the guard to the centre of the rim both front and back. Hope this helps and I'm 90% sure they were SSl Kings

  12. Honestly I can't remember and it's come down quite a bit since those photos were taken. I'm pretty sure they were SSl all around, I'll have a hunt and see if I can find the receipt. Also can I suggest you do the shocks at the same time, I didn't and regret it as the std's ones are now clapped out and need changing. If you can afford it do it all at once.

  13. Can anyone recommend a quality detailer in Sydneys North West and preferably one that uses Zaino products, my T is 3 yrs old now and has some swirls and got a few marks to correct. I did the car with Zaino when it was new and the stuff is amazing, I like the plastic look shine some don't and prefer the wax look. I'm looking for a quality detailer and price is not the priority qualty is, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Vic
  14. No disputing their are a great performance tyre and yes unknowing you do probably drive the T a bit harder but I can't justify a 50% reduction in life. One strange behaviour I found with this tyre is when you get on the F3 freeway from Pennant Hills there is a stretch where the road is concrete and has grooves in it well you find that the back end of the car start to get a slow wobble where it follows the grooves and moves from side to side. Not a nice feeling, I've not experienced this with any other car or tyre. It's not all bad just enjoy the grip while you got it :3gears:
  15. I've done 17K in my Pilot Sport 3's and they are stuffed. I got 30k out of the original Dunlops and am quite disapointed with the wear on the SP3's. From a performance perspective they are a great tyre especially in the wet and they seem to get up to temperture extremely quickly but will not be getting them again due to the short life. I spose it's the old trade off grip versus life!!
  16. Just wanted to get on the list as I have exactly the same issue. Call me a skeptic but if it's an inbuilt fault with the software why aren't we seeing more members highlighting this issue? Would be nice if anyone is experiencing this issue pls drop a short confirmation on this thread, the more incidents we get may give us a bit more muscle. I have access to ZF staff thru work but didn't want to make contact until I could get a few more members on the list.
  17. Many thanks for that a bit of light reading. Will be interesting to see how the dealer responds when I take it in.
  18. I got an FG running with only a mild tune running 270KW and I've got a shunt that appears to be getting worse. When slowing down and just before you come to a stop it changes down to 1st and lunges the car forward. I tow a boat on a regular basis 18ft aluminium not overly heavy and not long trips and the shunt is extremely bad. Plan to get it looked in soon when I book it in for some other warranty work. Anyone else exeriencing this?
  19. All I can say is that a vote for Labour is a vote for the Greens and that scares the hell out of me. If Labour gets in NSW we can kiss the lovely Aussie past time of fishing goodbye!! Bob Brown wants us to stop fishing - but his research is flawed | The Daily Telegraph Bob and his loonies scare the crap put of me and it never ceases to amaze me how they have been able to slowly but surey get their way. Don't get me wrong I'm all for conservation but please BASE IT ON SCIENCE. This whole marine park approach is nonsense, if they would listen to science and learn from other countries we would stop the professional fishing of our rivers the nurseries of the ocean. That my rant
  20. Not quite the same situation but I had mine in for a 30k service and they machined the discs and changed pads and since then I've got a similar creak type noise coming form te front passenger side. At first I thought it was a bearing as it's only really noticable when you slowly creep forward at a very slow walking pace. I plan to take it back just haven't had a chance.
  21. I second Benny here, it's all about the tuner! I've just added an XR8 airbox and had a tune done almost 18 months now and hasn't missed a beat and it's a daily driver. Cheers, Vic
  22. Huge apologies guys, I didn't realise that there is quite a long delay on the chime the first time you release the seat belt in short the nine times thing doesn't work as it will get reset the next time the car is started SORRY
  23. Not sure why your experiencing different behaviour. What I did last night was hoped in the car, put the key in and cycled the ignition nine times then I removed the key and bingo the chime is gone. Be interesting to see if it disables the low fuel chime as that one comes in handy.
  24. Haven't tested the other chimes as yet will have a play tonight!
×
×
  • Create New...