Ernie
Member-
Posts
224 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Ernie
-
Pat, here are a couple things to follow and coming from experience as I hate owing especially the tax dept. register a business name register for gst get an accountant get a cheque account for legal reasons.... get a lawyer. if possible have some funds stiing in the bank for emergences and bits and pieces its tuff at first as most business fail with the first 12 months but it will come good after that. I have my finger in 2 pots ( my online racing import business and my transport business ) so it makes it even harder for me to make everything work but we are doing ok here on both counts. speak to an accountant and also speak to a lawyer and get there views on what needs to be done........ see you might even need to go a PTY LTD company which is even more involved as you then need to take out super and payroll for your employee's. im a sole trader on both fronts but my sister ( my business partner ) is also on my books so there is only 2 of us running both companies. if I wanted to go a PTY LTD...... the only difference is I can claim my office as a deduction which I dont think is worth my trouble and will cost at least $3000 in legal fees plus super costs. hope that helps a bit mate.......... and sorry for the essay ! Ern
-
nice work Pat.......... I to am upgrading to one of Chris's plenums and intercooler packages in the near future. Hoping for more kw's as well....... im a gluten for power Ern
-
looks like another shady character at the party as well........... now we know why Corey was off his guts Ern
-
dam Pat sounds like your having an awesome time........... Ern
-
I really dont think you wanna go down that path but up to you. that's called a slider clutch......... expensive and also hard to sent up plus also you would have to pull it out after every run and machine ther disks. this is what im running in my drag car ( McCloud slider clutch..... bout $7,000 just for the clutch ) Ern
-
guys, I voted the 8th only due to the fact is im heading to dandenong melb to move some friends from sydney. if it falls thru ill be all for the 1st of Feb Ern
-
guys, im out for the dyno day as I have a trip up the coast to do......... might be able to make it back for wednesday for the street meet ! sorry all...... Ern
-
im in.......... BBQ can tag along if you guys want. Ern
-
How Often Do You Get Your Car Professionally Detailed?
Ernie replied to jEtONiT's topic in General Automotive Talk
wash my ute once a fortnight if not raining and pro detail once a month sorry just to add............. I buff it once a year Ern -
2 speed glide and a 5000 converter Chris............ you know you want one lol come to the dark side of the force !!!!!!!!!!!! I'm seriously considering pulling my auto out and putting the glide I have in and even pulling the diff out and putting one of my spare 9 inch diff's in. what we spoke about the other day.......... its definitely on mate ! Ern
-
most of the time you would only use NOS to spool the turbo and then it will shut off unless you use it as a 2 stage setup. my experiences with Nitrous......... I was using it to spool my racecar turbo from 3.5 psi to 8 psi then the NOS computer will shut the Gas off and leaving the line at 20 psi as the turbo will take over and having full boost of 25 psi by the 100 foot mark ( bare in mind this is with a 2 speed glide and a 7000 stall converter ) if you run it the full strip then id suggest a progressive system or a NOS computer so you can get the spool speed up and then more NOS further down the track. the Giggle is good on all cars but I will say this.......... make sure you have all the right component's and is set up right as it will be expensive if you have a Nitrous backfire or too much Gas. research is a must when running Nitrous but is a great way to increase HP is done right ! if you need NOS information ( eg: pills to hp figures and calculators) I have a sh*tload of data. p.s. if your thinking of running NOS on your cars then id suggest a wet system as these are the easiest to setup. Dry shots are fine but you have to have a awesome fuel system to accomodate. Wet systems and a fogger unit are alot more easier. Ern
-
cheers Chris........ its a big difference after I cleaned the solenoid out........ super fast on the boost now where as before it would take a bit of time to get there not that I was complaining. ill be intouch shortly for a plenum and im pretty sure one of your IC setups. looking forward to putting some more power under foot lol Ern
-
Tuf, it will come off as ive just finished my maintenance about 10 mins ago......... just pri it a little with a small flat screwdriver ( just dont pierce the hose ) and pull with a long nose pliers it will eventually come off. ive just left this message in my asking for advise thread and the first post in this thread is exactly what needs to be done. thanks again.......... the best description on how to do this ! bit of a heads up....... guys its all fixed ! looks like it was the solenoid sticking as a couple members have said. I followed the instruction on the solenoid maintenance thread and low and behold its fixed. no more surging and I have to say it feels even better than before. more responsive and quicker on the boost. suppose it had to be done after 100,000 of driving without a clean ! thanks for the advice............ you guys are legends ! Ern
-
bit of a heads up....... guys its all fixed ! looks like it was the solenoid sticking as a couple members have said. I followed the instruction on the solenoid maitainence thread and low and behold its fixed. no more surging and I have to say it feels even better than before. more responsive and quicker on the boost. suppose it had to be done after 100,000 of driving without a clean ! thanks for the advice............ you guys are legends ! Ern
-
Ozzie, that sounds about right you know. if I gradually increase the throttle to boost then everything is fine........ its when im driving a while then put my foot into it that it will stager. its a bit worse at night which I thought was strange as it should be better with the cold air. I thought it might be the intercooler being restrictive as im still using the standard cooler till I upgrade again. no mate I havent clean the solenoid yet. I just thought id ask here before I did anything. ill check it first thing when I get up. thanks guys for the advice....... Ern
-
na definatly not the auto as this has been upgraded. changes like a gun without any problems. ill check the above and see if that fixes the problem. Ern
-
cheers Pat........... the throttle body was done when I got the APS kit fitted. I check it again and give the boost solenoid a squirt as well. its only just been doing it........ bout a couple weeks but can be annoying. thanks mate ! Ern
-
hey all...... just need some help or advice if possible. I was driving my ute today and gave it a bit of stick ( I know its double demerits ) and it feels like the turbo is surging. when I say surging it feels like there is a block and then the power comes good again..........its not bad just annoying. ive noticed this a couple times but havent worried about it till today. it has also happened at night......... I drive for a while then give it a bit of a squirt and it just holds back then comes good. it actually feels like someone is putting there hand over the front of the turbo and then letting go so you get a boost hit. its really strange and I cant work out what it is. specs are in my signature. im going back to Autotech for a phase 4 upgrade and new exhaust manifold plus a large GT BB turbo ( GT42RS 1000hp ) prolly around febuary/march and it will also have a Rap1d System Plenum as well when I get all the mods done. any help will be grately appreciated as im not sure whats happening at the moment. Ern
-
BBQ Master lol........... I like that ! yeah sure I can give him a hand if he needs one Ern
-
should have gotten off at Redfern and not gone all the way the Circular Quey via the Museum Ern
-
im glad im not the only one that saw the HWP's on the F3. I was coming back in my truck from Newcastle and saw 3 F6 typhoons in 3 different colours patrolling the highway and the hornsby area.......... happily booking away ! got to love the tax payers money going to the police to drive around in $70k cars unless there confiscated cars from the anti hoon laws which wouldn't surprise me. Ern
-
those temps are fine......... drag cars you kind of panic when temps hit above 250 degrees F as it starts to boil the fluid and slips the clutch packs badly. in a street car 150 to 180 is pretty much the norm. when you start to hit 200 and above.......... start drivings slowly till it cools down. PWR make great trans coolers as these are what I use Ern
-
Nsw/act Xmas Cruise To Tallowa Dam
Ernie replied to Lord Cyric's topic in East Coast (NSW, ACT, QLD)
guys and girks, it was seriously my pleasure putting it on with Phill. glad to do it Ern -
Nsw/act Xmas Cruise To Tallowa Dam
Ernie replied to Lord Cyric's topic in East Coast (NSW, ACT, QLD)
that has to be one of the best BBQ'S and gathering I have been on for a long time. well organised and great people to meet. Phill......... once again thanks mate and we have to do this again very soon in the new year............ it was brilliant the BBQ was my pleasure and anytime Ern -
Nsw/act Xmas Cruise To Tallowa Dam
Ernie replied to Lord Cyric's topic in East Coast (NSW, ACT, QLD)
ill charge my camera as well........... im sure we will be fine Phil Ern
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.