Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 11y 5m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Canberra ACT
Posted

Yep MTQ was about $200 delivered. Ask about the spring pressure, but should be the FG one you are after.

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 6y 10m 3d
Posted

I will talk to them for sure. I suspect I could use either one but if I use the fg one a tune will be needed which is already part of the plan anyways.

 

*I should say I was thinking fitting the fg actuator before the tune could send the ecu loopy but not 100% sure

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 11y 5m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Canberra ACT
Posted

Yep you might hit the overboost threshold on a B-series and the wastegate maps would be a bit out.

As a rule of thumb you can generally tune for double the boost of your wastegate spring. So if a B series spring is 5psi or something you will be limited to about 10.

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 6y 10m 3d
Posted

Good to get back in the garage and get stuck into it.

Turbo and manifold pulled off today in prep for porting and fg turbo. Found it much quicker to pull the manifold off along with the turbo in one hit. Saved a stack of time, did everything from the top.

Plan is to get the rear housing to cms and get the port job done, new actuator and perhaps assemble everything while they have it and get it all ready to bolt back up. Might add some new studs and lock washers for good measure perhaps.

Putting the 16" steel wheel failure behind me I got some colour and clear on the Ghia wheels. Turned out pretty good I reckon.

Fellas you think its worth ceramic coating the rear housing and manifold while its off?dfccbda48c353430a290c5184164a2b9.jpg17edd28ba75ac9554d9587c67b2b53e3.jpg50d591a46e4c4e100436af8aff2d58c3.jpg90d9b7dbfcbffb02f4c8108a2ef7deed.jpgf14c84f43a971b42bf6f787eed3db000.jpg

  • Like 1
  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 6m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

nah to ceramic coating... otherwise the wheels are looking good :)

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 6y 10m 3d
Posted

Managed to separate the rear housing after letting it sit in a bath of inox, came loose pretty easy. Port job coming! 15fc2389db58c1194249bd21ffcc60a8.jpg

  • Like 1
  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 6m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

haha a bath of inox... that's an interesting way to go about it...

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 6y 10m 3d
Posted

Read a few articles on people having issues with seized housing.. Few of the bolts were actually hand tight.

Got some nordlocks for the m10 manifold to turbo nuts and a stud kit too.

I'm considering if this is a good time to buy a bolt in high flow cat considering the gate will be ported and tune up coming.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...