My long term tidy up!

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 4m 15d

I will talk to them for sure. I suspect I could use either one but if I use the fg one a tune will be needed which is already part of the plan anyways.

*I should say I was thinking fitting the fg actuator before the tune could send the ecu loopy but not 100% sure

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1d

Yep you might hit the overboost threshold on a B-series and the wastegate maps would be a bit out.

As a rule of thumb you can generally tune for double the boost of your wastegate spring. So if a B series spring is 5psi or something you will be limited to about 10.

• Like 1

Good to get back in the garage and get stuck into it.

Turbo and manifold pulled off today in prep for porting and fg turbo. Found it much quicker to pull the manifold off along with the turbo in one hit. Saved a stack of time, did everything from the top.

Plan is to get the rear housing to cms and get the port job done, new actuator and perhaps assemble everything while they have it and get it all ready to bolt back up. Might add some new studs and lock washers for good measure perhaps.

Putting the 16" steel wheel failure behind me I got some colour and clear on the Ghia wheels. Turned out pretty good I reckon.

Fellas you think its worth ceramic coating the rear housing and manifold while its off?dfccbda48c353430a290c5184164a2b9.jpg17edd28ba75ac9554d9587c67b2b53e3.jpg50d591a46e4c4e100436af8aff2d58c3.jpg90d9b7dbfcbffb02f4c8108a2ef7deed.jpgf14c84f43a971b42bf6f787eed3db000.jpg

• Like 1

Read a few articles on people having issues with seized housing.. Few of the bolts were actually hand tight.

Got some nordlocks for the m10 manifold to turbo nuts and a stud kit too.

I'm considering if this is a good time to buy a bolt in high flow cat considering the gate will be ported and tune up coming.