Hey lads and ladies (maybe)

So I've met my first power goal of 500hp and am in need of a new clutch very soon as I only have the stock FG F6 one. Any advice on clutches I should be considering???? my next power goal will be the 700hp mark so want something that's not going to clap out and take a beating but still relatively light for city driving.

My mate will be putting the EXEDY DEVIL CLUTCH (ceramic and organic) in his XR6T which is pushing 700hp and he said he'll be able to get this for cheap through the business for me. 

Has anyone got any experience with EXEDY??? if so any info would be much appreciated and prices etc..... also any advice on mechanics in Brisbane to do the labour. :thumbs-up:

Cheers 

Chad

Im pretty happy with my NPC twin plate, noise is annoying at times but it bites well and has great peddle feel.

@JETURBO hooked me up with it. 

Think NPC are in Brissy to by memory.

Im also at the 700hp level.

Edited by BAXRTUTE

If you don't mind rattly as fark, noisy when cold and hard bite the Xtreme twin plate ceramic clutch does the job. Rated to 1000hp, has a heavier than factory pedal but is driveable in traffic once you get used to it. Also it's very well priced, got mine for $1700 delivered from ebay.

Haha thought so 

Yep I’ve probably come close to driving all the available clutch kits on the market for the xr6t and every time I’m hard pressed ( pun ) to go past recommending and installing NPC for my customers and clearly the extended family here

you just have to be honest with your driving style as bigger isn’t better when it comes to clutches as there’s negatives to the bigger HP capacity

aftermarket HP ratings can be a bit of a fluff and wind thing but it’s a guide only, if we were to say the factory FG Tr6060 clutch is rated to ( generously ) 300rwkw we all know they can handle 400+rwkw when driven accordingly and clearly have beautiful manners, NPC have a single plate 11* copper organic mix rated to 410rwkw and has nearly every characteristic of the standard clutch (tiny bit heavier pedal ) but I’ve personally gone way past 410 on it as the customer does drive with some sympathy and didn’t want the noise or feel from twin plate offerings.

That said NPC’s twin plates (many options ) are in every way (imho) better than other typical brands for a daily driver or the guy who wants the clamp force and will only beat it up every other time he drives it lol. 

The best (friendliness) offering from NPC twin plates is the x2 copper organic mix arrangement, from there we go x1 ( rear plate ) carbonic plate. It starts off soft initiall feel/bite ( from the organic ) then backed up by firmness on the carbodic plate and from there you can go twin carbodic,ceramic mixes and twin/tripple ceramics etc etc 

IF you’re going to “Hammer” a clutch hard then be prepared for noise/heavy/grabby/poor feedback from any clutch (twin ceramic puk design) 

gimme a PM if you want a good price delivered on anything NPC  :) 

I can probably chime in here as I've recently installed an NPC twin plate that Jet supplied. I ended up going with one organic plate and one cerametalic plate. Clutch is rated to 1000hp and man does it feel nice.

I'd have to say that it's almost lighter than stock in pedal feel and you can marginally slip it from a dead start, due to the single organic plate. There is only a tiny window for this to occur though and after that, it bites like a mofo!

Lets just say that I don't have any more slippage ?

The only real downside (if you even consider it to be one) would be the noise. When the clutch is engaged it does chatter quite a bit. I've even had people staring at me on the sidewalk with a "bro, your cars broken!" type look, lol.

WTF Happy customers and Arron’s acknowledges something ive said as truthful.....

off to buy a lotto ticket hahaha 

should I say buy a ZF or to soon in this thread :wwww:

ZF require lots of cash to handle big power and arnt  as much fun as a manual. ZF good in a straight line, but that's pretty boring.

I heard he’s great with the stick..... :ermm:

cups the balls too :dancing:

I've only ever has Mal Wood clutches. Having had an option 3,5 and 6 clutches, I can attest to their smoothe, seamless action, with factory type driveability. Their quality and reliability are second to none...

Edited by HI PSI

Cheers for all the info guys!! legends!!

Yea I thrash it pretty much every time I drive, I cant help myself really its an itch I've gotta scratch. My average economy is 20L/100km and I want something I can punish and that won't break on me. I try to be as nice as I can to my clutch but the punishment mostly comes from driving it hard, nil by burnouts etc.

From what I can gather from everyone is NPC is the way to go, not one of you have even tickled the notion of Exedy ??? I don't care about the clunking and other noise, that'll get me off lol but I'm going to look into the twin plate ceramic....

Cheers lads!! much appreciated :thumbs-up:

JETURBO I'll PM you, 

I've got twin plate will both plates custom xtreme ceramic.  Handles my 480rwkw and has never slipped. 

It copes all my abuse but isn't nice in traffic.  I drop the clutch at high rpm , lots of burnouts and clutch kick third.

If you don't drive like this go one ceramic and one organic.  Same as BAXRTUTE

I had this combo but killed it in under 1000ks 

Good luck

Edited by arronm

9 hours ago, camo86T said:

I heard this jet guy can't drive manual? ;) 

+1 for NPC twin plate

Thought this was referring to me.  Didn't read it correctly .

6 hours ago, arronm said:

Yep, cant drive for sh*t....

Don't know if Jet can drive. I am just off my Ps.

Na I know you're drifty mcdrift

8 hours ago, arronm said:

I drop the clutch at high rpm , lots of burnouts and clutch kick third.

^^ evidence would be good though :)

Well I have been meaning to get my clutch replaced for a while, but the stock factory is still working in my daily workhorse.

At First Monsta Torque were all "PRO" NPC gear. All Rob wanted to sell me was the NPC dual clutch.

Lighter than factory and hooks up well.

Recently I went back to get a quote and was advised that they no longer do NPC gear as the warranty issues they were having was not worth the time or effort.

Monsta Torque only do Mal wood gear now. I think that once my clutch dies, it will be off to get a new Mal wood option 3 clutch.

Have a read about previous MW warranty issues 

I think @STAINLESS again plz Can chime in on his wonderful experience 

the fact is no clutch company will warrant anything except manufacturer defects as anyone with an ounce of brain should understand why that’s the case ;)