Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 8d Gender: Not Telling Posted 25/10/17 11:49 AM Posted 25/10/17 11:49 AM I'm keen to try the nankang ar1. I think they're about $200 each for a 255x17.
BAXRTUTE Legacy Donating Member 2,639 Member For: 10y 5m 19d Posted 25/10/17 11:55 AM Posted 25/10/17 11:55 AM 255/40/17 are a pricey tyre hey. I had ventus k117s 255s on my xr rims and they cost 370 or something..... good tyres but
camo86T Legacy Donating Member 1,810 Member For: 12y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 25/10/17 12:09 PM Posted 25/10/17 12:09 PM (edited) I won't run an atr2 on the front, their wet weather performance is pretty sh*t. Rear end boogie I'm pretty comfortable with but understeer...nah 29 minutes ago, BAXRTUTE said: Hankook ventus rs3 305/30/19 $340 awesome tyres Now you're talking Edited 25/10/17 12:10 PM by camo86T
MBAF Legacy Donating Member 2,156 Member For: 10y 1m 22d Posted 25/10/17 12:18 PM Posted 25/10/17 12:18 PM 2 hours ago, camo86T said: ...these... Leo is the man for jap rims. Should go some s1r meisters they would look mint on an fg.. I havent baught anything off him for a while but I can hit him up and see if I can get a few $$ off if you want
BAXRTUTE Legacy Donating Member 2,639 Member For: 10y 5m 19d Posted 25/10/17 09:38 PM Posted 25/10/17 09:38 PM (edited) 9 hours ago, camo86T said: I won't run an atr2 on the front, their wet weather performance is pretty sh*t. Rear end boogie I'm pretty comfortable with but understeer...nah Now you're talking I was thinking of the similar tread pattern, also thought the atr2 was pretty good for wet driving?. kumho ku39 275/35/19 $210 aint bad Edited 25/10/17 09:39 PM by BAXRTUTE
camo86T Legacy Donating Member 1,810 Member For: 12y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 25/10/17 11:25 PM Posted 25/10/17 11:25 PM Not in my experience, you ever run them? This is my 3rd set (ok 1st was atr1) on the rear, wet=fun Had 1 set on the front, wet=abysmal
BAXRTUTE Legacy Donating Member 2,639 Member For: 10y 5m 19d Posted 26/10/17 12:16 AM Posted 26/10/17 12:16 AM Nah I havent, mate has em on his VE clubby and says they are alright, but he only ever buys cheap tyres so probs wouldnt know what a good tyre is like tbh.
jabtronic Member 70 Member For: 14y 3m 16d Posted 26/10/17 06:07 AM Posted 26/10/17 06:07 AM ATR2 pretty good in the dry but not so good in the wet. But for the price they can't be beat and they last a long long time before they either wear or start to fall apart. I'm running Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on the front and Achilles ATR2 on the rear. Only because PS4 rears are $390ea compared to $145ea for the ATR2. The Pilot Sports are an awesome tyre, I had them on my previous wheels.
camo86T Legacy Donating Member 1,810 Member For: 12y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 26/10/17 06:30 AM Posted 26/10/17 06:30 AM 17 minutes ago, jabtronic said: they last a long long time before they either wear or start to fall apart. Mine aren't unfortunately, have to check but these are at less than 10K I'm pretty sure
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 8d Gender: Not Telling Posted 26/10/17 06:50 AM Posted 26/10/17 06:50 AM They look pretty stuffed for how much tread they still have on them.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now