Dillz

Fg Offsets And Tyre Questions

Haven't posted any noob questions for ages so here we go..

Getting 20's for the G Spec and just wondering what would be a better offset, +35 or +45? Keep in mind I know nothing about offsets.

Also do 245's look alright on 8.5's? Nothing worse then a tyre that's too small for a rim.

Oh and no I'm not saying what wheels they are, you'll just have to wait and see..

Dillz I have 245 on the rear of mine they fit well, for me offset +35 I think just pm worm why ask anyone else. Cmon what wheels?

Yeah FG mate, not sure if there is any difference but I'm hopeless with wheel stuff for example would a +45 make the rears look wider then they are from the side? Would like some FG (counts out worm) feedback of normalish (counts out tocchi) offsets that's all.

the 35 will be a lot better, as it's normal falcon offset (+36).. you will find the +45 will rub on the inner uprights / wheel arches on full lock

edit

regarding 245s on a 8.5", it shall be fine.

furtherest away rim, it's a slick, but its a 245/40/R18

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/180972_1441367133377_1809041724_847220_719874_n.jpg

in case they stretch differently, here is a normal tyre (on top), a 235/40/R18

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/65729_1355827794947_1809041724_694340_3935701_n.jpg

Edited by Tocchi

Yeah sweet, I just hate that look when the rim sticks out more then the tyre it ruins everything. I really want it to site flush or more tyre.

So 35's all round will be my best bet then?

P.S Your sheds awesome buttrock.gif

a 245/XX/R20 is ideal in your situation.

yes +35 is alright, my falcon runs 18x8.5 +25 on the front with lots of of clearance, so a 35 will be best for most NORMAL people :P

Thanks mate

Might just turn this into a general thread too, so if anyone has any more FG wheel/offset questions go nuts.

Definitely +35!!!

+45 will hit on the inside at the front... And it would look sh*t anyway as it will sit 1 cm further in...

Run a 245/35/20 on an FG as it fits...

awesome dillz, been waiting for a thread like this. perfect for a noob like me. didnt mean to hijack but I need very similar advice.

thinking of the following for a particular wheel at the moment:

F: 19x8.5 245/35 +30

R: 19x9.5 275/30 +33

offsets are what's available for that wheel, not custom. using those wheel/tyre calculators, rears may stick in ~16mm towards suspension.

does the FG have enough space between the wheel and suspension at the rear? will there be scrubing at full lock on the front (no camber kit just stock atm)?

thanks in advance ppls

awesome dillz, been waiting for a thread like this. perfect for a noob like me. didnt mean to hijack but I need very similar advice.

thinking of the following for a particular wheel at the moment:

F: 19x8.5 245/35 +30

R: 19x9.5 275/30 +33

offsets are what's available for that wheel, not custom. using those wheel/tyre calculators, rears may stick in ~16mm towards suspension.

does the FG have enough space between the wheel and suspension at the rear? will there be scrubing at full lock on the front (no camber kit just stock atm)?

thanks in advance ppls

fronts will be fine. rears will be fine.

rubbing is racing.

but your widths and offsets are very safe so you wont have any of that

fronts will be fine. rears will be fine.

rubbing is racing.

but your widths and offsets are very safe so you wont have any of that

cheers tocchi! "very safe" is reassuring. you must have ridiculously aggressive offsets... need to explore the "limits" of FG from stock..

Am looking at putting a set of 18"s on my fg xr6t, and am wondering

what the best off set would be ? They're 18x8's

Depends on if you want legal?

How far do you want them to sit inside the guard?

18's will still grip pretty average unless you run a 275+ rear tyre... So a rim 9.5 to 10.5 inches wide...

I run 20x10 with 275/30/20 continentals and they grip MUCH better than any 18 inch 245/40/18 I have had on my car!!!

Maybe on the rear? On the fronts it would stick out like dogs balls...

And no insurance company would cover you with zero offset...

Hey guys..

Thinkink of stepping up to 20's on my FG sedan. Fronts are 8.5x20 +35 and rears 20x10 +40.. How do you think theyll sit.. especially the rears? I want them as flush as possible

Cheers

Depends what offset you run. A 10 inch wide with anything around +30 should clear. I run a 19x10 + 15 and they just clear however there is ridiculous amounts of space on the inside. Also just to let any one know you will not be able to get rear fg guards rolled/pumped any more then a few mm. I'm a panel beater by trade and tried every trick in the book and without serious mods the quarters will not hold. Had a porta power pumping mine out to the point where we could see the quarters beginning to crease and they returned to virtually the same spot.