Fg Offsets And Tyre Questions

Ok wheels just arrived, advertised offset was +35 but they are +32 for the front and +40 for the back? Hope they still fit..

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Advice re: 10 inch rims on FG+ sedans (fitting within guard).   I purchased the Superpro Rear Blade Control Arm Kit (Extra Clearance). It’s pricey, so my tip is to sign up as a trade member

As I found Jumbuck's posts from August last year the most helpful in determining my wheel specs I thought its only fair I post my findings. Hopefully this will help anyone wanting to know how wide the

I got 2 years 4 months and 55,000kms out of my ATR2s and there was was still more tread on em than that    Anyway, for purposes of this thread   18x9.5 +10 fronts with 235/40R18 Michenli

Posted Images

Perfect as long as they are staggered! +30 for front is a great offset... And +40 should sit about 1 cm in from guard...

What wheels Dilly? I thought you were getting both 20x8.5?

Ok wheels just arrived, advertised offset was +35 but they are +32 for the front and +40 for the back? Hope they still fit..

I run 19x8.5 +35 and 19x9.5 +40 and fit fine.

BBS CH Black redrilled from 5x120

653463.jpg

Edited by RynoF6
  • Like 2

Jimmi with the white FG will be best help here :)

JIMMMMIIIIII !!! haha

Sorry guys..just saw this thread.

Ok..been doin my head on this.

I'm currently on 19x10 +35. 275/30. Bit of stretch on the tyre which helps it just..and I mean just clear the guard by about 2mm. That gives me about 12mm clearance to the control blade on the inside. Oh have to mention I'm on sssl kings

20x10 +40 will see run 285 easily with 7mm control blade clearance. The 285's will be pretty much straight up and down in the sidewalk department and give you the clearance you need for the guard. KPM and the like are running 295's requiring control blade modes.

Dazed and confused.. Lol

Hi Guys,

Just reading in October 2011 MOTOR magazine about the FPV "black" They have done some testing at Winton Raceway with the reporter driving and by using a modified Control Blade, stuck 295's on a 19" rim in the back. It didn't state the width of the rim but they had used 19"x8.5" 255/35/19 front and 19"x 9.5" 265/35/19 rear before putting 295's on for the test. The performance parts will be available from FPV soon. Sounds promising....

post-43027-0-79426900-1316527832_thumb.j

Hi Guys,

Just reading in October 2011 MOTOR magazine about the FPV "black" They have done some testing at Winton Raceway with the reporter driving and by using a modified Control Blade, stuck 295's on a 19" rim in the back. It didn't state the width of the rim but they had used 19"x8.5" 255/35/19 front and 19"x 9.5" 265/35/19 rear before putting 295's on for the test. The performance parts will be available from FPV soon. Sounds promising....

Wouldnt hold my breath...

Cant see FPV just handing parts like that out without the premuim of having them fit them and charge 1st born prices.

Brings back memeories of the good ol days when ford did sell "hot up" parts over the counter ! :)

Wow they are nice!

Looks good.. Classic wheel

Is it just me or do black wheels look smaller in diameter than they really are ??

Black wheels definately look smaller than they are. I ran black on a jeep before with the same effect.

Needs more low, that will come after power mods.

Edited by RynoF6

So guys just wondering, if you run say a plus 35 front and plus 38 rear does this mean that the dish on the rim outwords would be bigger or smaller than say a +30f and +35r. I think that sometimes the fronts just don't look like they have enough dish compared to the back, I would like plenty of dish rear and enough front to match.

I think I'm starting to get the hang of this offset thing so I would say if anything both would be bigger? You don't want too much dish on the front or it looks silly plus the less you have on the front the more the back stands out. Just my opinion, could be wrong.

Yeah confusing really, the biggest problem is trying to find a wheel shop that is willing to show you the difference and show you what the wheels will look like on your car. You know what I mean but? you have like a 2.5 to 3 in. rear dish and the fronts are nearly flush or only have an inch, I think it looks abit funny that's all. I know you can't get that much dish on the front but if you have 3 in. on the back then I think 2- 2 1/4 or even 2 1/2 in. dish on the front would look better.Not even sure if this is even possible on the new cars but old xa, xb e.t.c can do it, just looks better IMHO.

If you draw a line in the centre of the rim(width) +30 means the mounting face is 30mm towards the front(spokes) from that line. 0 offset would mount in the centre of the rim. Then the width comes into play, +30 on 8.5" would have less dish than +30 on 9.5.

Front wont usually have the same dish as rear because of the brake size. If you could fit the exact same wheel(size) to both then they will be same.

Some wheels you can order a different disk size(curvature of spokes) to fit over various brake packages. Step lip vs reverse lip, reverse can also show more dish. Mine above are step lip, reverse swaps that bump to the back making the rim flat.

Type of rim also determines if there is any dish at all

Edited by RynoF6
  • Rab pinned this topic