Fg Offsets And Tyre Questions

I gave up trying to work it out mate and just bought the ones I want, if they fit they fit if not I'll sell em.

3 inch isn't that much either btw, you'd want more then that on the back.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Advice re: 10 inch rims on FG+ sedans (fitting within guard).   I purchased the Superpro Rear Blade Control Arm Kit (Extra Clearance). It’s pricey, so my tip is to sign up as a trade member

I got 2 years 4 months and 55,000kms out of my ATR2s and there was was still more tread on em than that    Anyway, for purposes of this thread   18x9.5 +10 fronts with 235/40R18 Michenli

As I found Jumbuck's posts from August last year the most helpful in determining my wheel specs I thought its only fair I post my findings. Hopefully this will help anyone wanting to know how wide the

Posted Images

Yeah I know that 3 in. isn't the max, it was just an example that's all. I would just like a wheel shop that would show me what they look like, they used to, they did it on my gemini years ago.Ryno I would like to stay with the 19's and go a 8.5f and 9.5r, but truth is I think im going to have to go 20's to get a nice rim,then I would probably like to go 8.5 or 9f (if possible without rolling guards)and a 10 or 10.5r.I don't want any srubbing issues and I am going to lower the car once the rims are on with xyz coilovers so I can get it to a good height ( I 'm not a fan of really low cars )any idea of what you think I might be able run in offset to get my desired look im after.

• Like 1

Back in May I was going to order some custom wheels from Work. I came up with 19x8.5 +25 and 19x9.5 +30 after looking at others and measuring. Found out the wheel I was after was discontinued so ended up getting something else. Some good info here too

Carefull measuring could get a 10 in a sedan FG with help from camber. No lip to roll on FG and heard the gaurds dont like being pulled.

Edited by RynoF6

Hi guys,

Really chasing any advice for the widest 20" rims and tyres front and rear to fit to my FG XR6T, and what mods were needed, if any. I'm needing to fit new rubber soon so might as well get new rims while I'm at it. FPV have modified the control blade to fit 295/30/19's so does this count for 20"s?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Rim size, tyre size and offsets that worked.

Cheers,

Shane

I've noticed 20" x 10" 285/30/20 with +40 offset seems to work for the rear with no mods. so that's that taken care of.

Now the front. How about 20" x 9" with 265/30/20 and +35 or +38 offset? Has anyone fitted something like this on their FG sedan?

Noticed that rims could be re-drilled from 5x120 to suit. Is this common? If so then these rims would look factory sleeper but in 20"s.

(RynoF6, on 20 September 2011 - 04:52 PM, said:

I run 19x8.5 +35 and 19x9.5 +40 and fit fine.

BBS CH Black redrilled from 5x120)

post-43027-0-56092100-1317019310_thumb.j

Im running a 19x9 on the front of the FG. 245/35 Kumho.(340mm hub to wheel centre ride height)

Not sure of offset . But looking at my clearances to the strut theres a good half an inch clearance. Moving to 20's is a whole new ball game but definitely doable in 20's.

Most avaliable wheels seem to be 8.5 so choice is limited unfortunately

May have a chance over the weekend to work out the offset on the fronts if your still interested

Cheers

Rynof6 seems to have the right idea about offsets. But as offset ratios change with the rim width getting the right information is vital to getting the best fit. I'll guess that a good tyre fitter could measure the offsets to get the fit right on. I hope. Might need to do offline research then post it when I can get figures.

I'm still keen on finding a 20" version of the standard XR6T rims, like the company that made the 20" versions of the Dark Argents, including the different widths. Has that stock but somethings different look. These would do, once you change the centre cap, but only come in 9" for the Magnum and 9.5" and 10.5" for the BMW Apec E70's. No idea of offsets on them though. But if those fit....

post-43027-0-59719700-1317025672_thumb.j

post-43027-0-76856700-1317025932_thumb.j

Tocchi has used neg camber and suspension to tuck them in, works but will wear the tyres.

Look up what your stock offset is. FG FPV are 19x8 +36.5.

Use the calculator - http://www.willtheyfit.com/ and measure on the inside and outside of what you have stock and compare to what you have entered for new size in the calculator.

that's what I did. Its harder for f6 and gt owners cause they also have to clear bigger brakes.

As for the redrilling the pcd, the company I got them from are the dealer for the wheels so still under warranty. If you get done yourself be carefull.

Edited by RynoF6

Doesn't need to be so wide if they don't fit. The main problem is wheelspin on low throttle in 2nd and sometimes 3rd with 245's and ZF box so the rear is most important. So if 285's fit without mods and if Prodrive Performance parts come on line with mod Control Blades to allow 295 or 305 I'll smile.

Thanks for the links, checking them out now.

• Like 1

What type 245's? After the dunlop sp sport maxx junk I had yokohama advan v103's, gripped better on rear but still spun. Now run 275 and they grip good on a stock F6. When there gone I will go 255 front and 285 on these rims.

20's wont help you get you grip.

Running Goodyear F1 assemetrical 245/40/18 on the stock rims and they are so much better than the Dunlop's. But the prices in 20's with these width my prove to be a budget buster. So ideas are welcomed.

Well the widest tyre I've managed to fit under the front of my BF was 275/35/18, But that was with -3.5° of camber. However I previously had 265/35/18 on the front with only -1.0° camber.

I'm thinking that it's safer to not be too silly on the front now, maybe just 255. More than that seems to be to much trouble although I'd like more. As rynof6 said I'd be better off with better rubber rather than width. Tocchi on the forum has run 10" on the front but I can't find more than that. How did it fit? Plus BF front ends have a different suspension setup to the FG. And 20" reads different to 18".

Do you cop alot of excessive inside wear with the camber? Or get the tyres rotated regularly? And what do you run with on the rear if you had 275 fronts?

Maybe road legal semi slicks. It doesn't rain much here.

I ran 275 allround, they were race semi slicks (Dunlop DZ03g's $650 a coner). 70m out from a hairpin doing 180kph, stand on the brakes and they would just chirp once but never could lock them up. My next step is to try and fit Kumho V710 in a 285 uner the front.

Be careful with camber. Ive been running 1.8 degrees up front till recently and the tyre were starting to feather on the inside edge. Just shimmed it out to bring it to a more respectable 1.1 degree neg camber. The wider the tyre the more wear youll encounter..

• Rab pinned this topic