An Unfortunate Tale - Clutch Issues

Dominus

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 30d

yeah I think @Dominus should send a passive aggressive text message to the seller about the clutch fault and remind him you know where he lives and see how it goes down.

make sure to reply with screenshots of how it goes down. :pandalol:

Edited by skidxr6t
  • Like 3

• Member For: 7y 7m 5d
8 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Didn't you state earlier the car had seen very little use for several years?  The CSC is the type of part that can be perfectly happy one day and fail the next. I'm not sure how you could expect someone to know in advance that its was failing.

Chalk it up to buying a used car and not having it inspected by someone who knows what they are looking at and get on with life.

Yes, you are right in what you say, however I merely suggested that the clutch felt a lot lighter and smoother after the repair, than what it did when I bought it. I'm honestly not accusing the seller of being shady, but surely he would pick up on changes in clutch behaviour after owning the car for 10 years.  He specifically told me the clutch was real stiff and that I need a leg of steel to drive it. After the repair the clutch is not much heavier than my old XR5's clutch.

Once again Im not accusing anyone of anything, and its not like any mechanic would have picked up on the issue either unless they pulled out the gearbox. I just know I got smacked with a big bill 7 days after buying the vehicle and only putting on ~200 docile 'travel to work and back in traffic' km's after I had spent nearly 20k on it. 

Be it guilty conscious, or just the traits of a decent person, the seller instantly agreed to pay half the bill. Im not an as*hole, but where there is the smell of sh*t, you can bet your bottom dollar that that piece of sh*t is lying somewhere close by. 

At least all is well that ends well. I believe I handled the situation correctly, and at least the car is in A1 mechanical condition, confirmed by the mechanics, and I can go on to enjoy this wonderful car.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 9m 5d

Hmmm. Sounds like the seller is a good bloke. If he was trying to rip you off he would have not offered a cent.

Aging performance car... this is only the start of the dollars you are going to have to drop on this machine

• Like 1

• Member For: 7y 7m 5d

Honestly he is a good bloke, but he is also a stranger I met on the internet and we obviously cannot just trust and assume the best of everyone, regardless of appearance. 

@sixman This scares me. I mean, I have made provision for some money to be spent because I knew it was an aging performance car. That being said, I didnt budget on having to get a fund going for a headache that never goes away. I guess I also took into consideration that the car has only done 72k kms, and that things shouldn't be going south this quick (talking in general, not about clutch issue) I'll just have to see how it goes I guess. 

Edited by Dominus

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 29d

Maintain it, leave it stock, don't thrash it and you will have the minimum of issues.

Going fast can be addictive and you may want to double your power or more. Stock parts don't like that much. 

This is where you will spend big.