deanogw New Member 12 Member For: 10y 4m 10d Posted 22/05/16 09:13 PM Posted 22/05/16 09:13 PM hey guys new to forum and just wanting to get peoples opinions on xr6 t vs fpv tornado. next year I will be looking for a new work vehicle/ toy, and have decided to bite the bullet and go aussie. originally I was looking at xr8/super pursuit however as I actually live in england and not australia insurance is murderous on a v8 at my age (23). so after doing abit of reading and talking to friends im very much considering a barra turbo. seems they make great power and can be reliable. my question is whether to go with a BA/BF xr6t or a similar year F6 Tornado, my biggest thing is that it is manual. I do really like the look of the F6 but is it worth the extra money or should I just modify a xr6t and do a body kit. im not looking to make killer power numbers as it need to be driveable looking around 300rwkw/400rwhp mark as id like to try make it handle to some extent. any and all opions will be much appreciated
BAXRTUTE Legacy Donating Member 2,639 Member For: 10y 5m 14d Posted 22/05/16 10:38 PM Posted 22/05/16 10:38 PM BF mk2 or newer model mate, Any older will cost more to tune as there not as good a engine. Also if you have the coin? Go the fpv. Looks better and nicer inside. Have you thought about an FG? Much better car... although I like the look of the ba/bf more.
deanogw New Member 12 Member For: 10y 4m 10d Posted 23/05/16 07:04 AM Author Posted 23/05/16 07:04 AM Thanks mate. Yes I have read about the ba's and it will most likely be a bf mkll I did think about the fg but for the price of a fg xr6t I can get a bf tornado. Though it is still an option as I won't be buying for a few months
bamk2f6tornado Legacy Donating Member 777 Member For: 12y 9m 29d Gender: Male Location: Rockhampton Qld Posted 23/05/16 07:38 AM Posted 23/05/16 07:38 AM I might be biased but tornado all the way. Bf over a Ba if your wallet is big enough. You get brembos standard instead of optional and dual zone air con
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 9d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 23/05/16 09:14 AM Posted 23/05/16 09:14 AM Dual zone ac was still an option on bf 1&2 tornadoes, so your not guaranteed it by just buying a BF. 1
deanogw New Member 12 Member For: 10y 4m 10d Posted 23/05/16 11:32 AM Author Posted 23/05/16 11:32 AM Thanks guys. Yeah dual zone climate control isn't a huge deal to me how very interior would be though saying that I'm likely to get it redone anyway. Main deal is really the performance side of it all and how it looks from the exterior
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,114 Member For: 18y 5m 23d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 23/05/16 11:40 AM Posted 23/05/16 11:40 AM Exterior styling, b-series FPV is the best Falcon by far. 3
Box stock T. Member 1,384 Member For: 11y 5m 26d Posted 23/05/16 01:52 PM Posted 23/05/16 01:52 PM ^^^What he said^^^ BF Typhoon definitely one of the best looking overall Ford Falcons by far. But I'm very bias. And the Tornado's do make a pretty nice looking work ute.
deanogw New Member 12 Member For: 10y 4m 10d Posted 23/05/16 02:24 PM Author Posted 23/05/16 02:24 PM Exactly and in a country where we don't exactly have them it's really gonna pop. How do they handle? As I will take it to places like worthersee and other parts of Europe and roads can be winding
Krazy Kyle Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds Legacy Donating Member 2,697 Member For: 15y 11m 11d Gender: Male Location: Work Posted 23/05/16 02:45 PM Posted 23/05/16 02:45 PM (edited) im all for supporting Aussie cars overseas but id be all over a BMW or Audi like white on rice in Europe But to add to the topic, BF F6. they do look mint. all depends on your cash, both for the car and handling mods. Edited 23/05/16 02:46 PM by Krazy Kyle
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now