XR6 Turbo or FPV Tornado

deanogw

• Member For: 7y 10m 27d

hey guys

new to forum and just wanting to get peoples opinions on xr6 t vs fpv tornado.

next year I will be looking for a new work vehicle/ toy, and have decided to bite the bullet and go aussie. originally I was looking at xr8/super pursuit however as I actually live in england and not australia insurance is murderous on a v8 at my age (23). so after doing abit of reading and talking to friends im very much considering a barra turbo. seems they make great power and can be reliable. my question is whether to go with a BA/BF xr6t or a similar year F6 Tornado, my biggest thing is that it is manual. I do really like the look of the F6 but is it worth the extra money or should I just modify a xr6t and do a body kit. im not looking to make killer power numbers as it need to be driveable looking around 300rwkw/400rwhp mark as id like to try make it handle to some extent.

any and all opions will be much appreciated 

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 1d

BF mk2 or newer model mate,

Any older will cost more to tune as there not as good a engine.

Also if you have the coin? Go the fpv. Looks better and nicer inside.

Have you thought about an FG? Much better car... although I like the look of the ba/bf more.

Thanks mate. Yes I have read about the ba's and it will most likely be a bf mkll I did think about the fg but for the price of a fg xr6t I can get a bf tornado. Though it is still an option as I won't be buying for a few months

Thanks guys. Yeah dual zone climate control isn't a huge deal to me how very interior would be though saying that I'm likely to get it redone anyway. Main deal is really the performance side of it all and how it looks from the exterior

Exactly and in a country where we don't exactly have them it's really gonna pop. How do they handle? As I will take it to places like worthersee and other parts of Europe and roads can be winding 

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 5m 29d

im all for supporting Aussie cars overseas but id be all over a BMW or Audi like white on rice in Europe

But to add to the topic, BF F6. they do look mint. all depends on your cash, both for the car and handling mods. 

Edited by Krazy Kyle